March hatch along

Congrats for all the successful hatches!
celebrate.gif

LOVE all the baby pics!

I'm pretty sure mine died,
hit.gif
I think the hatcher temp was too low. I'm leaving them in till their 30 days just to be sure.

So sorry, but give it another go. Do you have eggs to set?

Thats the spirit! What kind of eggs are you going to set this time and when?
I think they will end up being black sex link. My friend has a RIR rooster and Bard Rock hens, so if I'm correct they should be sex linked
idunno.gif
Not really what I want, but at least with her being right down the road I can take the shipping trauma out of the equation. Hopefully I'll be able to set them next week.

Hey, everybody. just dropping in lol. One of my emu eggs is hatching as I type, just was excited and wanted to share lol, I set an egg before this one and it hatched a week later. Here is a couple pics of him.
I was wondering what that was so adorable! All I have to say is LOCKDOWN! finally. Now just gotta wait and see if anyone makes it please please please.

So sad! With the busy schedules I wasn't home for hatch day for the quail. Had the humidity at 55% when I left in the morning, with one chick zipping and a lot of rocking. By this morning, only 4 were out and not much moving or nearly as much peeping, humidity had dropped to just under 40%. Had 5 chicks hit blood vessels, some late quitters, the rest look like they shrink wrapped
hit.gif
. Have 4 littles running around though, guess I should be happy for that, will have to try again I suppose. Anyone have any tips for doing quail eggs when I do try again in a few weeks (have OE eggs on the way for the Easter hatch a long)? These are Cortunix if that matters....

Thanks you. That makes sense. Unfortunately it didn't make it. Poor little thing. I feel so bad. It's so strange. Most of its hatchmates had membranes that were starting to dry out. I eggtopsied and it hadn't absorbed all its yoke and still had plenty of liquid. It looked like it was a day behind in development. How is it that all these eggs can be set at the same time, be in the exact same conditions and environment, but be at different stages at the end? I had two that hatched a full day ahead of the others and then this one that hadn't even absorbed its yoke. So confusing....
I think maybe because they were laid at different times and sometimes they start growing then stop until you incubate not sure where I read that I read as much as I can get my hands on.

So sad! With the busy schedules I wasn't home for hatch day for the quail. Had the humidity at 55% when I left in the morning, with one chick zipping and a lot of rocking. By this morning, only 4 were out and not much moving or nearly as much peeping, humidity had dropped to just under 40%. Had 5 chicks hit blood vessels, some late quitters, the rest look like they shrink wrapped
hit.gif
. Have 4 littles running around though, guess I should be happy for that, will have to try again I suppose. Anyone have any tips for doing quail eggs when I do try again in a few weeks (have OE eggs on the way for the Easter hatch a long)? These are Cortunix if that matters....
So sorry.
hugs.gif

I wish I had tips for you but I'm 0-2 on my chicken hatching attempts.

Back
Top Bottom