Oh @Elliemae1984 sorry to hear that! I have forgotten to update but I am also having an unfortunate time with my eggs. The ones from Bobbi Porto really must have been jostled around in shipping because a lot of the air sacs weren’t attached and I only have 5 eggs still in there. Many of them were blood rings, or early quitters, and many clears as well. From 19 down to 5, it’s so sad 😭 And the remaining ones mostly have saddled air sacs so I’m not expecting much… would love to get at least one chick from her though! Of the remaining eggs from her I have 4 blue cream and 1 lemon cuckoo.

The silkied EE eggs also didn’t fare super well - out of the 7 I have 4 left, one is questionable. I am hoping that I get at least one chick from that batch too.

Because I removed over 15 eggs from the incubator, I ordered more eggs. The first batch came super quick and I set them yesterday. (Blue egg laying satin silkies). The second batch is lavender silkie eggs and they are now lost in the mail which I am very upset about as they are my dream silkies and I finally decided to just go for it and fork out the money and now it looks like they aren’t even going to have a chance. Sigh.

Oh @Elliemae1984 sorry to hear that! I have forgotten to update but I am also having an unfortunate time with my eggs. The ones from Bobbi Porto really must have been jostled around in shipping because a lot of the air sacs weren’t attached and I only have 5 eggs still in there. Many of them were blood rings, or early quitters, and many clears as well. From 19 down to 5, it’s so sad 😭 And the remaining ones mostly have saddled air sacs so I’m not expecting much… would love to get at least one chick from her though! Of the remaining eggs from her I have 4 blue cream and 1 lemon cuckoo.

The silkied EE eggs also didn’t fare super well - out of the 7 I have 4 left, one is questionable. I am hoping that I get at least one chick from that batch too.

Because I removed over 15 eggs from the incubator, I ordered more eggs. The first batch came super quick and I set them yesterday. (Blue egg laying satin silkies). The second batch is lavender silkie eggs and they are now lost in the mail which I am very upset about as they are my dream silkies and I finally decided to just go for it and fork out the money and now it looks like they aren’t even going to have a chance. Sigh.
I have lemon cuckoo and blue creams from Bobbi Porto! She is lovely. Keep up hope for your bebes! I would jut stop candling and let the eggs do their thing till lockdown. Bobbi does ship chicks, I ordered chicks from her since she offers that. I have had very much hit and miss luck with shipped eggs, it’s definitely a shipping issue, not the breeders. I have hatched some amazing silkie babies from shipped eggs but it is always a gamble. Just set more eggs today. Hoping!

I hope your lavender eggs make it. Let us know! Love self blue silkies so much. Sending hearts! Keep trying and hoping!

@LadyLucretia Thank you so much!! I 100% agree, Bobbi is amazing and fantastic. Definitely the issue is shipping, and no fault of hers! I would happily order from her again and again!! If I don’t get any babies from these eggs I know I’ll have to order more from her :) My fingers are crossed for these babies - one more week to hatch. I am so jealous you have some of her babies!! How old are your little ones? Do you have other colors from her as well?

Good news on the lavender eggs - they are on track to *hopefully* be delivered tomorrow. So I will get them set after they arrive and have time to rest.

Well, I’ve learned my lesson on candling a day earlier than I usually do. Typically I do not candle before day 8.

All the “probably going to quit” eggs from day 7 are thriving on day 9! So I’m back up to 12 silkie eggs still in the mix for this hatch!

@Elliemae1984 YAY! I am so happy that the iffy ones pulled through so far!!! Lol I hope I didn’t prematurely discount any of my eggs, but I didn’t throw any away until day 9 and they were all very obviously either clear or blood rings and a couple of early quitters that had no movement and veining.

My lavender eggs arrived yesterday after spending 2 extra days in the mail. They were packaged so beautifully and held for pick up at the post office and even still the air sacs were all detached 😩. I told the breeder (just to inform her, not complaining at all because it was all usps fault and not hers) and she has offered to send new eggs if I pay shipping! So I may still have a chance at lavender 🤞 And I am incubating the ones with the detached cells, even though I don’t expect much from them!

@Elliemae1984 YAY! I am so happy that the iffy ones pulled through so far!!! Lol I hope I didn’t prematurely discount any of my eggs, but I didn’t throw any away until day 9 and they were all very obviously either clear or blood rings and a couple of early quitters that had no movement and veining.

My lavender eggs arrived yesterday after spending 2 extra days in the mail. They were packaged so beautifully and held for pick up at the post office and even still the air sacs were all detached 😩. I told the breeder (just to inform her, not complaining at all because it was all usps fault and not hers) and she has offered to send new eggs if I pay shipping! So I may still have a chance at lavender 🤞 And I am incubating the ones with the detached cells, even though I don’t expect much from them!
Fingers crossed for the lavenders!

My shipped eggs last summer all had detached air sacs but I set them anyways. Didn’t turn for the first 5 days, eventually all the air sacs were saddled, but I hatched in an egg carton and all 6 that developed (the rest were duds) hatched! So there’s still hope!

Back
Top Bottom