Marek's help

My vet has ruled that out. I feed nutrient layer feeds that the vet says should be more than enough nutritionally. I'm starting to think it's one of those other diseases that mimics mareks. I suppose only time will tell.

The problem with my sick bay is that all the other hens are starting to realise that the inmates/patients get extra special rations and now they are all trying to get in every time I open the doors. I was so impressed at Hoppity yesterday when she raised her hackles and launched herself one legged through the door at one of my highest ranking young pullets and sister of her fellow inmate, who was looking to trespass! She has always been timid and bottom of the pecking order, so it was great to see her confident enough to defend her territory..... a real positive sign I think, possibly as a result of having a pal in sick bay with her. I know it seems odd to say so, but I'm really lucky to have two incapacitated with it at the same time as I think it is a real contributing factor to their continued survival; and quality of life. Dreading losing one of them of course!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom