Mareks is preventable without vaccine

Didn't you lose interest before? If I'm mistaken I apologize. I saw your question pre-edit. The way you wrote it first was more likely to get the response you were looking for. Post-edit is just argumentative.

Well, firstly, the vaccine doesn't prevent it anyway, it just reduces the symptoms.
And yes, you can prevent it just by making sure you buy from reputable people, who don't have it in their flocks.
If you already have it in your flock, then you can breed for resistance by culling those that suffer from it, and only breeding those that don't actually get sick from it.
But if you want to lose as few as possible, and keep chickens in a mareks positive flock, then the vaccine can help stop deaths from the disease, which is important if they are dearly loved pets.
Personally, for my situation, I don't agree with vaccinating for it, but that doesn't mean in someone else's situations it isn't a good thing.

Last edited:
The title says it all.
A title says nothing. Back it up. Where's your thesis? Where are your facts? Where are the peer-reviewed laboratory tests and clinical trials. Nobody is going to believe anyone who just makes a blanket statement and doesn't back it up. I could write a title like "Aliens are Real," but only a fool would believe me if that's all I had to say.

Back
Top Bottom