Mare's Illegal Cute-ness (Call Duck) Chat Thread!!

Question: Do your call ducks tend to pair up with the same color of duck? I have noticed mine seem to. I had my gray girl with the butterscotch pair and after a few days she hopped the fence to the black and white magpie pair. Then I let her and the butterscotch pair out to mix and mingle with the whites and the chickens. She went straight over to the fence where the two gray call males are in with the full size ducks and paced their fence. I finally put her in with them and she seems so much happier... lol. Even less loud. Just wondered if that was anyone else's experience. 🤔

Attachments

• 20230324_133700.jpg
    20230324_133700.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Question: Do your call ducks tend to pair up with the same color of duck? I have noticed mine seem to. I had my gray girl with the butterscotch pair and after a few days she hopped the fence to the black and white magpie pair. Then I let her and the butterscotch pair out to mix and mingle with the whites and the chickens. She went straight over to the fence where the two gray call males are in with the full size ducks and paced their fence. I finally put her in with them and she seems so much happier... lol. Even less loud. Just wondered if that was anyone else's experience. 🤔
Yep.
20230320_151854.jpg

I had my first one hatch out of my second set of babies! 9 more of mine to go. 4 of the 37 I have for my friend have pipes and starting to zip!

It’s like a box of chocolate…you never know what you’re gonna get. I’m hoping to get some Chocolates, Silvers, and Butterscotch to hatch for her. Those are the 3 top colors she really needs. I’m hoping their parents left some good eggs before they were killed! 🤞🍀🤞🍀

Attachments

• ECE2E1F9-6BB1-4DE8-BC96-DCC64E322354.jpeg
    ECE2E1F9-6BB1-4DE8-BC96-DCC64E322354.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 5
My 4 little call drakes all stay together, my Khaki Campbell's are always together usually, the two Muscovy are side by side for the most part, the Mallards are here and there but the Rouens are usually by each other. I guess this is where the old saying "Birds of a feather flock together" comes from.

Back
Top Bottom