Marik's, egg bounded...?

kartina

Hatching
Jan 24, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm desperate for help. My beautiful Buff Orpington- Lindsey who is 8 months, is sick, and I have no idea what is going on with her. Everything started four days ago when I've come home and noticed Lindsey sitting on the ground. She never sits, like ever! She is always busy running around and snacking! I didn't give it a second thought for some reason. However, on the second day, my sister noticed Lindsey having a hard time getting out of the laying basket, and when she got out of it, she started limping. We took Lindsey home and gave her food and water; however, she was reluctant to eat (but she did eat a bit from my hands) but refused to drink. We thought she was so stressed being away from the others, so we placed her back to the coop. The next morning we went to the vet, ran some exams, and basically nothing. The vet doesn't know what's going on with Lindsey; she thinks she might have neurological problems, or maybe something fallen on Lindsey, and she got hurt. The thing is that Lindsey's legs aren't swollen! The vet considers Marek's as an option; however, the symptoms Lindsey showed wasn't the symptoms of Marek. Lindsey couldn't stay on both feet at the same time (she swapped them). We thought maybe she is egg bound, so we gave her three tub baths with warm water and Epsom salt for 20 minutes hoping the egg would come out. We also gave her Calcium to help with the process. My mom gently touched Lindsey's abdomen on either side of the vent to feel for an egg; she also gently inserted a gloved, lubricated finger to ensure that there is actually an egg present. My mom didn't feel an egg! Yet, it looks like Lindsey is trying to get an egg out. Lindsey refuses to eat and to drink. Lindsey can stay on both legs; however, she heavily limps (she can barely walk). Lindsey comp is turning purplish/bluish. We would appreciate any knowledge or opinions. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your support and assistance. Hopefully, you will get many different animals in the future. When I lived in Ukraine, I used to have goats and pigs (they are fun).

Back
Top Bottom