Marking Stray Dogs in our Yards?

Quote:
Do you live in my area? I would swear your talking about my neighbors, stupid dog collectors that don't take care of their dogs. I wish I were lucky enough to have chicken loving or even owning neighbors.

I would love to send a message with a paintball gun.

I've gone paintballing and not even gotten bruised from it, so if you're breaking bones with a paintball you're doing something WRONG!

ntiveheart! Har har har
lol.png
wink.png

Last edited:
Ive had it get my fingers and peel skin back...that doesnt feel awesome.
Ive gotten welts from it...and that doesnt feel awesome either.
I know people who freeze them and then play (dont ask me why..) they dont come out with broken bones.
Pressure is the key. I would go with what is standard for a paintball range.

here it is more legal to kill the dog
hmm.png
and that's what i prefer to do.

but if you want to be nicer and send the neighbors a message i think it's a great idea. the dog will certainly think twice before coming back!
lol.png

Have you ever tried to mark cattle? You can't stand too close to them and we have to shoot from the back of a sometimes moving pickup....These aren't your friendly kinda cows. You need the guns pressure turned up so you can even hit them....Calves run and are usually shielded by mom so we had to hit them whenever we could. And adjusting the pressure isn't something you can just flip a switch and do. So if you go out with them turned up expecting to have to long range and end up getting to mark them at a closer range they just get hit harder. The cattle aren't just out in his back yard. Its a pretty good drive to get to them sometimes when they are on 100+ acres. As for breaking bones...The calf that got hit was a newborn less than 8 hours old(by guestimation) and he was aiming for the shoulder when it started to run and he hit the ribs. Pressure was up and calf was closer than expected. That calf is now his 4 yr old breeder bull.

We used a paintball gun, with neon pink paintballs, to shoot our neighbors cows that kept coming onto our property, destroying our lawn, gardens and fruit trees. I think the point got across to the farmer because we didn't have a problem for about two years. The next time it happened I called him in the middle of the night and told him I was loading my shotgun and firing up the barbeque for my future freezer full of steaks. When he challenged me with "You wouldn't do that!" I responded with "Watch me!" and cocked my rifle so he could hear it. He was out there with his sons in half an hour rounding up his herd. So, no I don't think a paintball gun is cruel if it saves the animals life and gets the point across. I put too much time and money into my property and livestock to have someone elses animals come by and destroy it.

Last edited:
Chickenlips that's a funny story but I'm guessing you and the neighbor aren't getting along too good nowadays.
sad.png

Let me just say that this old coger doesn't get along with anyone living around his property. He has been here since the invention of dirt and has expressed that what once was "free range" still applies to him, although the Branding Inspector has told him countless times it is his responsibility to keep his cows on his property. I'm just one of the few who has the guts to stand up to him.

The marker I use leaves a big red spot sometimes goes all the way through and leaves another bigger red spot on the other side, you only have to mark them once with this kind!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom