marmite on toast!!!

It seems that you all have VERY unrefined taste buds! I LOVE marmite and have managed to find places in the USA to buy it!
tongue.png
It is very salty tasting but it is only yeast in it so I don't think it would be a problem for the chickens especially if you spread it real thin like you would if you were going to be eating the toast yourself. A jar of Marmite lasts me months and I have some nearly every day... Give it a try and see what your chooks say. Let us know too, I don't know if I could bring myself to share something like that with the chickens!

I tried marmite for the first time a couple weeks ago.  I was...interesting.  It reminded me of a beef bullion paste.  Not sure if I'd ever order it but I'd have it again!

It's lovely on buttery toast. People always put too much on but one only needs a tiny amount! Chickens love it too... Just saying it can't be wrong :)

Blow the the chooks, I like to feed myself Marmite on toast for breakfast although now that I live in Australia (originally from New Zealand) I have vegemite on toast. If you come from those countries you are brought up on the stuff and its nothing to see a baby with Marmite or vegemite all over it's face because it's on their rusk or first bits of bread. Deb.

Blow the the chooks, I like to feed myself Marmite on toast for breakfast although now that I live in Australia (originally from New Zealand) I have vegemite on toast. If you come from those countries you are brought up on the stuff and its nothing to see a baby with Marmite or vegemite all over it's face because it's on their rusk or first bits of bread. Deb.
I had such a laugh at this .... your opening statement. True about vegemite all over faces of children. They love the stuff. I use it sparsely on toast or bread & butter, but I tell you all one thing .... if I feel at all nauseous, or a bit off - I go get myself a slice of bread n butter, and put vegemite a little more thickly than usual, and presto - nausea goes in an instant. Not sure if it's the vegemite or just me being hungry that creates the nausea, but something sure works.

My husband slathers vegemite thickly on his toast, crumpets or English muffins ( they are not the sweet cake muffins - but rather like a round flat roll that is toasted ) ... but I cannot come at that much vegemite. It is not a cheap product either. Good stuff, and good for everyone.

Cheers ........ AB

I tried marmite for the first time a couple weeks ago. I was...interesting. It reminded me of a beef bullion paste. Not sure if I'd ever order it but I'd have it again!
Yayyy ... one American who likes Marmite / Vegemite ( 99% the same thing ). Only got another 317 million minus one, to educate now !! LOL. Good onya redsoxs.

Cheers ...... AB

Last edited:
i was talking to a friend recently n he said that his grandad used to feed chickens marmite on toast or bread because it is high in vitamin b!!! does anyone else do this?? and does any1 feed their chucks any strange things!!
My chicken is sick and losing her appetite but went crazy over the dark rye sourdough toast with butter and Vegimite (Australian marmite), so I let her eat some and then went and looking it up. Apparently the Vit B and yeast is great, but its very high in salt so overall, no good!

Back
Top Bottom