Marriage

Thank you everyone soooo much for the hugs and well wishes. I know whatever happens I'll be all right. At least I still have my chickies!! They still love me cause I feed them.

Last edited:
aww Lou, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Of course your chickies still love you. I call it feathered and fur therapy. Plus we are here too

hugs.gif

I would hate to think that your son is being dishonest with you... but VERY seldom do I ever see a man leave his spouse without someone else there waiting for him.

Would your son try to protect your feelings or is his dad just very stealth?

Perhaps there is something else going on and he doesn't want to discuss it?

I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

There may still be hope. Don't give up just yet.

hugs.gif

hugs.gif
I'm sorry you are going through this. I've seen similar things with military marriages in my experience. You are apart so much that you forget or don't see anymore, what brought you together in the first place. You say your son shares an apt. with him, surely they've talked to each other and maybe your son could give you some insight into what has transpired over time. It's hard for your son though, he's in the middle, being with his dad and seeing what is happening. I hope it all works out the best for you.

Quote:
Hi Mahonri My son was laid off for a couple of weeks and then went back to work with his dad ( who is the boss) but is not going to live with him( his decision). Maybe it is an internet love, it just happened so fast that he gave me know reasons.

Quote:
I could see this happening with me and DH, because of work and because he"forgets" that the relationship takes his work as well as mine to keep it strong. Hopefully it won't though.

When things get one-sided, or if one person FEELS like it's one-sided, then it's usually over even if there's no real big fight one person has probably been harboring resentments for a little while and it gets to be too much.

hugs.gif

You know you can depend on everyhere to give you as much emotional support as you need... I am so sorry to hear what has happened.... I hope it all works out for you amicably...
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
My prayers are with you. The best thing to do is look after yourself. I know its hard but try to eat well, get plenty of sleep and exercise. Know that you are a wonderful person with many good qualities. Sit with your chickens and enjoy them. Cry if you need to but don't forget to smile and remember you are special.
hugs.gif
Take care.

Is your son an only child? Do you have other children who might provide insight? This could be a mid-life crisis. Don't be too quick to believe it is another woman - I left my first marriage with three small children because I couldn't live with an alcoholic anymore (and I'm not saying that's you! I'm just saying people end things for other reasons besides infidelity). If you have insurance see if they'll pay for counseling - it is so good to talk to someone who isn't family or a close friend and who can give you a a professional/outsider's opinion. Stay strong - eat and try to get rest. I know it's easier said than done.

Laura

Back
Top Bottom