Martha's blog about her chickens

elliemb

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 22, 2007
I watched her program the day she got her birds from the hatchery, then she brought in a few when they were grown. Have a look at her blog. Those are some lucky chickens. Anyone have thoughts on what the bird in the second pic of birds is (all white)? I went to www.marthastewart.com and clicked on her blog.

Are you watching her right now? She was just talking about her eggs and chickens a few minutes ago. She was cooking and now she is giving away a laptop computer to everyone in her audience. I wish I was there!!!

yuckyuck.gif

LOL....I have it on almost every pair I own. Funny story.... my son was getting married and we were and still very happy.....but during the wedding I was crying and trying really hard to not do the UGLY cry!! As I was gasping for a breath....ya know the huh huh huh type!! Well, my husband was trying to help and he whispered in my ear....I have chicken crap on my shoe!! I looked down....and sure enough....poop and straw!! We will never forget that one.
Tink

yuckyuck.gif
The funny thing is by the time everyone left my wedding, most had cow poo on their shoes.
gig.gif
I guess that is what I get for having the wedding at the family farm. Everybody went to check out the cow dh "got" when we got married. (Just happened to be the time mom and dad were butchering, and instead of us buying it like usual, they just gave it too us) Anyway, when I watch our wedding video you hear the cows, and you can see the cows in the background "watching" the wedding behind dh and I!

Last edited:
I love the cow serenade at your wedding Kentucky!! Very mooooooving, lol! I did not know Martha Stewart had chickens!!! Now I know exactly who to borrow a crocheted chicken sweater pattern from!! My little girls will be so happy they will say, "thank you, it's a good thing"!! I will have to read her blog!!

I love Martha. I think it is great that she has chickens and that she talks about them on her show. It is pricelss exposure for these wonderful pets! I want to write to her and get her to do an entire show on keeping small urban flocks.

No Henhappy I didnt watch today. I used to watch a lot more when she just did her thing and didnt have so many celebrities on. I liked the old format rather than her live show. So any ideas about that white bird???? The poop stories are always funny...
big_smile.png
....that has happened to most of us!!

Back
Top Bottom