Maryland Poultry Swap and Farmers Market JUNE 16th 2012 SHARPSBURG, MD 8-2pm **SHOW CLINIC**

Hi there! I am very excited to be going to this swap! My first ever swap! I read that you were allowing sellers to camp overnight if they had a long drive... I am not selling but I am buying...(shhh don't tell hubby)... Anyway, live in VA and it is going to be a VERY long drive. Is there a spot I could pop a very simple dome tent for the night before? Otherwise, I will have to be up earlier then the chickens driving in the middle of the night to get there.

CAMPING is FREE and campers, tents, etc. are welcome. We'll hook ya up with a quiet spot. Thanks so much for asking
frow.gif

We had a few breeders with them last year. I think Tonya doesn't raise them anymore though. Peachick has blues and black coppers.. hmm.. If anyone else can think of who may have them, chime in.

just in.. buff laced and silver laced brahmas. How cool are they? Have never seen either in person... very very rare.

We are going to be there -- Windy Ridge Chickens -- We have Silver Laced Wyandotte pullets - 12wks. old. 2 - Blue Laced Red Splash pullets. 12 or more Buff Orpington/ Wyandotte chicks - 4 wks. old -- and these babies will lay huge eggs. They don't even fit in a egg carton ! They are pretty in feather to ! We have Buff Orpington eggs in the bator due to hatch Fri. ("Never count your chicks before they hatch", so.... ! We tried that with our children ... we were only going to have 4 ... guess what we have 8. Sadly chicks usually go down in number not up !!) We will also have some barnyard mixes. And a load of gorgeous hanging baskets from Sunny Side Gardens ! See ya there - and God Bless the day with sunshine.
BYTW - does any body know where we can get a gold laced wyandotte cock ? We've searched the neighborhood with no luck, and I don't want one from the hatchery, unless someone knows of a hatchery that has good birds.

296 views!!! on the website yesterday. HOLY CANNOLI, BATMAN!
celebrate.gif

Sleepy, I have heard of at least one person bringing muscovy ducks. That said, most folks don't tell me what they're bringing and it's pretty much a shot in the dark at what else may show up.

Orpygal, I have wheaten maran/ blue wheaten ameraucana crosses for olive eggers. There may be some folks bringing them. I remember them being here last Spring... but, can't remember if I hear they were coming.

Also, there is someone looking for black australorps .. if anyone knows of someone??

Windy Ridge, nice to see you all on here. We had fun testing the birds and meeting all of your beautiful children.. or at least some of them :)

I've been updating THE LIST. Affordable sheds are coming with a few different structures for the Coop Tour. We also have a few smaller time guys that build on the weekends coming out and showing off their coop designs. I'll have a smaller cart coop out there for 600 or so.

We have a dozen or so entries already for the Show Clinic so, if anyone has any extra cages (small, wire dog kennels work great) I would love to borrow them. You can drop them off prior to the swap date or on that day. Tag your cage somehow with your name so we can keep track of who's is who.

The concession stand will be run by the Fire Dept. so that should run a lot smoother. We'll also have a bake sale and other sweets available.

I hit points north (Chambersburg, Greencastle, Shippensburg) last night. If anyone is in Westminster, Reisterstown, near Baltimore, points near DC, please print out this flyer and post it in your local convenience store/ feed store/ hardware store. http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/msbear33/mpswap2012-1.jpg The word really gets out that way.

I am positive we'll have more than last June. It seems everyone I talk to has not only already heard about and are coming but, knows of others that are coming as well.

If you haven't "liked" the Facebook page, here's the link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maryland-Poultry-Swap-Farmers-Market/131707836905457 It's a great place to keep in touch with local peeps. Buy/Sell/Trade/Chat

Also, if anyone is interested in coming to the farm Friday, the 15th.. we'll be there cooking hamburgers and hot dogs and setting up. Anyone is welcome to attend and many like to set up their booths the day before as well.

Last edited:
I'm so glad I saw this. Me and the family will be there. Really hoping to find a blue laced Wyand. :D. Shhhhhh don't tell the wife........

You should post some flyers up this way. There is a good feed store in green castle. It's only 25 minutes away. I'm sure they won't mind and there is a ton of people up here that would be interested in coming.

Welcome
frow.gif
I got to the Feed Store in Greencastle after closing time and had to put the flyer under their door with a nice note to add it to their bulletin. If you could print one out and take it down.. just in case... that would be great. If it's up, just stick it in Sunnyway :)

just in.. Moderns in birchen and sebastopol goslings.. yum also, exhibition quality black sumatra

and, assorted heritage breed chicks from Whitmore Farms will be available at our Silent Auction. All proceeds go to benefit the Maryland State Poultry Fanciers Association. Many show breeders will be donating show quality pairs/trios and small flocks for this. We should have dark brown bantam leghorns, silkies and more. If any of you show breeders would be willing to donate for this cause, it would be GREATLY appreciated. These funds go directly to putting on the Frederick Fall Show in November and, without fundraising, it wouldn't be possible.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom