Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

Quote:
Me!
big_smile.png
I have a lot of blue cream light browns right now, so that is mostly what I will be selling. I might have a light brown cockeral or two, and maybe some cream light brown pullets. I will probably be selling as pairs only. Many will be show quality, especially the blue cream light brown girls. They have all been very nice this year, and the only reason I am selling so many is because I hatched so many! I also have one cream light brown pullet that I might be bringing to re-home as a pet, so if anyone is interested let me know--she has a slightly crooked beak. It is mild and does not affect her health (and honestly, there are several factors that lead me to believe that it was an incubation issue), but obviously I would not recommend her for breeding.

PMing you!!

I am going to call this video... Erin's ready for a swap
lol.png
...And, the birds featured in this short film are not my breeders... just the miscellaneous... some turks, some layers, some growout milles, a few rosecomb growouts, a duck I never even waned, etc. The peafowl sleep on top of the barn so, they were already out. They just love to come down and join in on all the excitement when... WE OPEN THE DOOR
big_smile.png

Last edited:
LOL! I don't have poults, peafowl or ducks, but my place looks the same at 6:15am! I wish I had a way or knew how to get my birds tested. I'd bring about 30 down. I may look into that... I just hope we aren't to busy moving or otherwise to make it. Milton's sick with a repiratory thing (our 10" of rain in 4 days was the cause - he shielded the girls from most of it, so he's the worst off). I may need a new cockerel... and pullets.

I have sold the 3 ee hens .
So for pol and older all I have are
Trio blue ams
Olive egger roo I can pair with a blue am pol pullet above
Two wheaten Marans -1 is a blue the other pure wheaten.
If anyone would like to start a oel breeding pen the rooster I have is 1/2 bwm and 1/2 blue cuckoo oel.
So if put with the wm's in a trio or pair you could start a nice breeder pen.
Both above roosters are housed together and get along great.

I may have 2 grey call ducks too.

Oh wow! I am so excited! Read the flyer and have never been to a larger event like this before! Have already "mapquested" directions and am really eager to come (not as a vendor) to the event, drool over the birds and hopefully meet some fellow BYCers to talk and learn. First day of bow season in Virginia so hubby will be occupied and I am ready for a roadtrip!! Hope to see/meet some of you all there! Susan

We have so many BYCers coming, we really should do that VIP lounge like we discussed last time. I can't ask for the banner again though because it got lost in the mail last time
hide.gif
and Im too skeered to ask again
hu.gif

Does anyone have barred rock pullets? My equine chiro from Baltimore saw our ad, then realized it was me on the pic and laughed.. what a small world.. especially small in chicken world
lol.png
She can't make the event but is on the prowl. Thanks,
frow.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I went to it in June and headed back for this one.It is well worth the trip. Be advised though it's a two and a half hour trip maybe closer to three.Not hard at all to find. Get there early as there is a BIG turn out and you don't wwant to miss out.Last time I spent the night in Harpers Ferry and then headed out at 7 as it's only 20 minutes from there.This time I will leave at 6 :30 as there was people leaving when I got there at 7:30.
Hope to be able to meet you there
smile.png

riane'smimi :

Quote:
I went to it in June and headed back for this one.It is well worth the trip. Be advised though it's a two and a half hour trip maybe closer to three.Not hard at all to find. Get there early as there is a BIG turn out and you don't wwant to miss out.Last time I spent the night in Harpers Ferry and then headed out at 7 as it's only 20 minutes from there.This time I will leave at 6 :30 as there was people leaving when I got there at 7:30.
Hope to be able to meet you there
smile.png

Thanks for the advice on getting there early! I will get there as early as I can and I sure hope to meet you as well!! We share the Orange, VA silkie addiction!!! Hopefully, the Virginia BYCers will make a good showing!!​

We are implementing the new "No Sales Until 9am" rule. Swappers will still be able to swap amongst themselves before that time.. as this will be the only time they will be able to. But, no actual selling until 9 so we don't have a replay of what happened this Spring.

My father will be releasing a dozen white homers to signal the green light to shop
frow.gif

Susan, AKA NGT ANGL will be taking on the task of making things more BYC friendly. I think we're going for the VIP lounge and will have name tags so we can be sure to meet as many bycers as possible
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom