Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

Quote:
Just to clarify that I am not NPIP certified unfortunately. Dont even get me start ranting on the PA state vet, I've called many times and they won't come out to test for NPIP certification. I live too far away apparently. I do get tested though for the required AI and Pollurum (I travel two hours to get my birds tested), I just dont have the NPIP number.

Brian, it is also the buyers right to ask to see proof. Just ask the vendor to see their NPIP certification. I know everyone in my row is a NPIP participant.

Well, from what I was told from an old respected breeder and judge living here in MD. and who is NPIP certified for a long time. She never has gotten a card/number. And I am NPIP certified as well and have never received a card or number. There is suppose to be a list with those NPIP certified. I keep all my records with me when I travel. I keep one year+ worth as actual proof my birds are clean-- lol --er
As for a birds getting sick. they can get sick at shows too. If you have a close neighbor with birds and any are sick... guess what. Any avians not just poultry or waterfowl can lend to sickness at any time anywhere.
MO on buying is check the bird(s) closely you intend to buy and then look at the other the seller has as well. I mean pick them up and look for signs of sickness. Then if you buy, get home and quarantine for 30 days. But if you can two weeks into that quarantine add one bird or maybe two if you can spare from your own flock for the remaining two weeks. This might just help identify a carrier if then your own birds get sick. Not full proof but helpful. Unfortunetly there isnt much that is full proof.
Now if Mr Ronco could invent the chicken bubble, we'd all be set:)

Im not sure if someone was asking if I had calls. If ,so sorry will not have any for the swap:(

Hannah, you're fine. You do not have to be participating in the NPIP program to attend this event. You are only required to submit your birds for the same testing.. which you do. ..so much drama in the BYC

Quote:
I agree x 2
duc.gif
and Hannah, I misspoke. I meant to say something more along the lines of: I've shown with these folks so I know their birds get tested in order to show...

Quote:
I agree x 2
duc.gif
and Hannah, I misspoke. I meant to say something more along the lines of: I've shown with these folks so I know their birds get tested in order to show...

I know what you meant Tammy, just wanted to clarify for all the other members reading that. You never know how people will say "but on BYC there was a post that said you were NPIP certified"... blah blah blah! I basically am certified, just don't have the number. I can't help it that the PA Dept of Ag won't give me a number or give me any leads on how to acquire a number.

Quote:
I agree there is so much drama, I don't hardly post on here anymore except for a few threads. Thanks for the PM too Erin
smile.png

x3 It makes me
somad.gif
It's a shame because I once loved BYC.

Quote:
I agree there is so much drama, I don't hardly post on here anymore except for a few threads. Thanks for the PM too Erin
smile.png

x3 It makes me
somad.gif
It's a shame because I once loved BYC.

Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom