MARYLAND THREAD!

anyone local to Baltimore/Ellicott city have fertile eggs. I am thinking of doing the new years hatch along because i am crazy lol

Hello from Cecil County. I have 9 barred rock hens.

I was wondering if anyone else in Cecil County feeds their chickens organic feed and where you get it from. The best price I can find is $25 for 50# but I have to drive up to Lancater PA to get it. I was hoping to find some place closer.

anyone local to Baltimore/Ellicott city have fertile eggs.  I am thinking of doing the new years hatch along because i am crazy lol 

Wish I could help you, but I'm donating eggs to someone else in the hatchalong. Message madamwlf and see if she has any.

Hello from Cecil County. I have 9 barred rock hens.

I was wondering if anyone else in Cecil County feeds their chickens organic feed and where you get it from. The best price I can find is $25 for 50# but I have to drive up to Lancater PA to get it. I was hoping to find some place closer.

I'm over in Frederick county, and no, I've never been able to find organic for any reasonable price or local availability. Countryside Organics has a monthly drop at Wegman's in Leesburg, and there is a farm in Upper Marlboro that is a CO reseller, as well as a group buy in Lusby, but that is it as far as organic. I had heard that Gooseberry Feeds in Westminster had organic, but that feedstore now carries only horse feed. Bowman's supposedly had organic but they looked at me like I was nuts when I asked for it.

Someone here in northern MD was going to look into group buys, but I haven't heard anything further, I have too many critters to be able to afford it anyway. Buying organic would double my feed cost and probably not change medical costs (which is zero).

I'm heading to a farm store this weekend in Sykesville that supposedly has organic. I'll let everyone know. I'm looking for a decent rabbit and poultry feed.

Hatching eggs listed on CL right now, $2/dozen, in Mt. Airy. I found them by searching "chicken" in my area and they popped up.

Someone in Potomac has organic feed listed as well. Lancaster is probably closer than Potomac.

I live in Frederick too and I pick up at the Countryside Organics dropoff in Lovettsville, VA at someone's farm. They drop off the first Wednesday of the month. I think it is a little closer than Leesburg. Please, let me know about the Sykesville Feed store organic feed. I may be interested in making the switch to get off the 1st Wed pick-up only schedule. Especially if it's cheaper ;) I think Bowmans in Westminster also carries some kind of organic feed, I may look into that when I'm looking to purchase more.

Hatching eggs listed on CL right now, $2/dozen, in Mt. Airy. I found them by searching "chicken" in my area and they popped up.

Someone in Potomac has organic feed listed as well. Lancaster is probably closer than Potomac.

can you send me the link? i don't see them. Thanks!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom