MARYLAND THREAD!

@Makomd
yeah several people told me to go to dills but I wouldn't know a young hen from an old. I think I will look on craps list though. Thanks

Cochins are great broodies and mothers. They lay pretty good. I ship. But I hope to sell out this weekend at the show. Are you close to the Eastern Shore? I'm 30 miles South of Cambridge. Don't go to Dill's! That place is a hotbed for disease. You could lose your whole flock.

The law on registering birds is ignorant. I agree. You don't see half of the people registering their dogs, cats, rabbits, or any other pet? Don't know of any other reason than to be that onset complaining neighbor or to have a future tax. Remember guys a chicken coop is a structure and as such is subject to the rain tax lmbo

I attended the Maryland Poultry Fanciers Club show in Frederick today. It was quite educational. Some folks traveled from Tennessee, NC and PA for this show. So now that I have seen the quality of some of the birds at the show and seeing the quality of some of my birds, looks like I may start doing some shows too.

Hi all,
I was looking into buying a few more chicks for my flock.(7-8 to be exact) I was hoping to get my chickens at three to four weeks of age. I found one place locally, but the problem there is that they don’t start hatching new chicks until May or April.I was really hoping I could buy a few more before then.I really don’t care what breed they are as long as they are friendly and consistent egglayers.Also, I have no problem with online buying as long as they arrive healthy.So I guess my main question is where could I buy these chicks? Does anyone know where I can buy them or who sells t hem? Thank you so much for your help!

We talk about showing every year -- I have two gorgeous barred buff bantam Cochin roos that are SQ, and some other really nice birds -- but somehow, we never get around to it. Even my kids walked out of the last show we went to and said, we have nicer birds than some of those in our yard.

luvmychix, I saw some chicks and older hens on CL today when I looked up chicks on the Frederick CL. I have had mixed results getting birds that way, but might be your only bet this time of year unless you go to a hatchery for day olds.

Back
Top Bottom