MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
Who attended the small flock expo yesterday and what did you think? I really enjoyed it and think they did a great job for a first run. Anyone else? I won 50lbs of feed as a door prize soooo, you know what that means. . . I gotta get more chickens to eat up all this food!!
wee.gif
Dixie's Chick, it was great to meet you and if I have extra chicks in my incubator, I'm bringing them your way (I better order extra eggs!)

I went to the small poultry flock expo yesterday and it was very informative. In some of the seminars I wish they had really investigated what small flock issues really are. They seemed to just take the Purdue methods and say do this smaller. The marketing program was very very good and helpful. I'm glad they put this on and I hope they do it again.

Wife and I went. The only one we got much out of was the poultry vet. They really need to have a couple of tracks: Never had but want, newbies and seasoned. Made a couple of new friends and saw a few folks we already new. The person that should have been there was Deanna Baldwin as no one could answer questions about her slides that everyone was using. My guess is that this was most of her 1 day program that she offers. (and has yet to put on the schedule for 2012)

Wife and I went. The only one we got much out of was the poultry vet. They really need to have a couple of tracks: Never had but want, newbies and seasoned. Made a couple of new friends and saw a few folks we already new. The person that should have been there was Deanna Baldwin as no one could answer questions about her slides that everyone was using. My guess is that this was most of her 1 day program that she offers. (and has yet to put on the schedule for 2012)

I was thinking beginner and advanced levels would have been appropriate but, how they had it put together I didn't know if that would be realistic. It was a fun day seeing and talking chickens. I think if you learn just one thing, it's worth it. I'm trying to think of what that "one thing" was but, it was fun anyway.

Just thought id say hi.Just joined the site.I live in Easton,Md.I see theirs quite a few members from the western shore.Most of my work is in Annapolis and on up to waldorf and farther south.Maybe ill get a chance to talk to some of you.Ross

Hey, anyone going to the National Outdoor Show this weekend? I will have a table to sell my jewelry, photography and my new book! Woo- hoo!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom