MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
Buff Orps in Boonsboro, but that would be an entire afternoon spent on the road. I drive from Mount Airy to Upper Marlboro once a week, and that is 1.5 hours each way. I'd plan for a 2 hour trip each way, if not longer, and stop off in Frederick for lunch or dinner if I was driving from Davidsonville to Boonsboro for chicks. (I just drove today from here to York Haven, PA for 3 chicks, lol). http://frederick.craigslist.org/grd/3795655164.html is the ad.

Will you be at the Swap on the 8th? I am definitely interested. **the CL ad says welsummers: if I can't find RIRs, what do you think about adding the welsummers instead?? Disposition / temperament is very important as I hve three children.
Thanks!

Last edited:
These are not mine. I only raise Swedish Flower Hen. And I will not be at the swap. I work weekends.

I have four children that have done well with every breed we have had. For us, it has been the individual chicken's disposition. We killed a few roosters for being nasty.

In our laying flock, we have some EE and Maran hens, and they are very gentle.

Last edited:
Will you be at the Swap on the 8th? I am definitely interested. **the CL ad says welsummers: if I can't find RIRs, what do you think about adding the welsummers instead?? Disposition / temperament is very important as I hve three children.
Thanks!
If you want kid friendly chickens they you really should start out with chicks. Getting adult chickens from anyone probably won't work.

Thanks!

There are so many different sellers at the swap that you are bound to find some buff orpingtons and other nice docile breeds there. People have everything from tiny chicks to chicks old enough to sex (if you don't want roosters but want younger birds) to laying hens.

Hi! Northern Frederick County here.
frow.gif
I am new to chickens but my husband isn't. He's the county boy that married the city girl
love.gif
all the chicks with breeds and names are in my siggy.
wink.png
Hi N. Fred. Co. My boyfriend too is a country boy who fell for a 'suburban girl with a country girl heart.' One of my favorite lines with him is, "I am not that much of a country girl." when he is trying to get me to do some things......he always responds, "Yet!"
thumbsup.gif

LOL - The line I use with my wife is that I am engaged in one of the great social experiments of the century. I want to see if it is possible to get a suburban girl to become a country girl. We have been married for almost 34 years & I am still working at it! We have lived off & on in some rural settings over the years but definitely rural Virginia for the last 19 years. Last year, I started with chickens and she does not want to deal with them but her mother henness shows. She is always checking on me to make sure that I have taken care of the chickens and chicks. :)

I have Arecandas and Americandas ( however you spell it ) they are pretty good layers and the best part is THEY LAY GREEN EGGS!. And they are absolutely adorable!! the have fluff on their neck and cheeks :,)

Back
Top Bottom