MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi all! Brand new byc here in Howard County. Just picked up some chicks (hehe!) @ tsc a week ago. Got 3 silkies & I'm hoping at least one is a hen! I'm picking up the rest of my pullets at the swap in a couple of weeks. I'm getting a Delaware, a cuckoo maran, a wyandot,an Easter egger, and 2 NH reds. I can't wait. Our coop is ready and waiting and me and the kids are super excited. Would love to hear from other Marylanders!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Hi all! Brand new byc here in Howard County. Just picked up some chicks (hehe!) @ tsc a week ago. Got 3 silkies & I'm hoping at least one is a hen! I'm picking up the rest of my pullets at the swap in a couple of weeks. I'm getting a Delaware, a cuckoo maran, a wyandot,an Easter egger, and 2 NH reds. I can't wait. Our coop is ready and waiting and me and the kids are super excited. Would love to hear from other Marylanders!
[/URL]
They swap sounds interesting for sure. They are some cute chicks there too. We are here back and forth chatting away. So join in we would love it.

Welcome! I'm new here too, just put my four week olds outside in their coop. Is yours built?

Sad to be missing the swap. Maybe it's good because I'm sure I'd come home with more chicks than I should.

How is everyone's weekend going? Its nice we can get out and do things around our homes. What are your plans for today. I am going to paint some of the wood on the run today. What are you going to be doing?

Cleaning up the brooder box and putting it on Craigslist. It was awesome but I will brood outdoors in the big coop in the future. (4'x2'x2' plywood box with vinyl floor plus framed wire top! Free for pickup!)

Trekking to the coop to check on the girls in their second day outdoors. The LOVE it.

Going to Home Depot to pick up supplies for a hanging trough feeder to use with fermented feed.

[/IMG][/IMG]

Southern MD here
1f601.png
and Enjoy!!! My 10 year old LOVES her " girls " and the eggs she collects
1f601.png

Back
Top Bottom