MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi folks! I'm in MoCo and we have only six so far--2xBuff Orpington, 2xRhode Island Reds, 1xSilver-Laced Wyandotte and 1xBrahma. We are thinking of trying to get some Welsummer, Delaware, maybe cream legbars and/or leghorns (for not brown eggs) and maybe some more of our current breeds this spring--we're hoping to find some locally.

I keep Delawares from Whitmore Farm in MD (out of chicken business now). As far as I know I'm one of the few around that keeps non-hatchery Dels. (I'm in Frederick County). Let me know if you want any Delawares this Spring or would like any of my culls. I like to hatch out a batch of boys in the spring for the table and end up with more young ladies than I need!

I would also like to get some Delaware hatching eggs from Green Fire farm in Florida sometime... (They are the best I have seen anywhere 'near' here). Let me know if you would like to go in on an order of fertile eggs some time- I love hatching!

I keep Delawares from Whitmore Farm in MD (out of chicken business now). As far as I know I'm one of the few around that keeps non-hatchery Dels. (I'm in Frederick County). Let me know if you want any Delawares this Spring or would like any of my culls. I like to hatch out a batch of boys in the spring for the table and end up with more young ladies than I need!

I would also like to get some Delaware hatching eggs from Green Fire farm in Florida sometime... (They are the best I have seen anywhere 'near' here). Let me know if you would like to go in on an order of fertile eggs some time- I love hatching!

I'd definitely be interested in a few hens in the spring! Let me know.

Last Call for the 2017 Cream Legbar Club Online, Virtual Show

AS of December 17th, we 49 cream legbars, 15 golden crele legbars and 3 white legbars entered in the online show. The show closes Friday, December 22, 2017. Do not miss your chance to show off your birds!
1f642.png
:)

https://www.facebook.com/events/185199888706068/

:yesss:

Aw... Whitmore was where got part of my first flock last summer. Maybe is just closed for season (call the daughter).

I could be interested in either part of a batch or culls but have a 5 hen limit in Chesapeake Bay Area. Have 3 now and have not had Delaware. Variety is the spice. ...:yesss:

Hey . Baltimore city does have rooster laws but theres always a way around it. We have 2 in suspect of being roos (we have 11 total and 7 were straight run). Of course were extremely attached since weve had them over 3 months and spend every day with them. As soon as 1 crows im getting the rooster collar (velcrow) and it stops them from letting out all the lung power at once. A neighbor a few blocks over has a roo with no collar and has for years. I think it depends if you have asshole neighbors that will call on you. As many of you know youre only allowed 4 hens in baltimore city and we have 11 (with the suspect roos), so far so good. We also have a privacy fence and some pretty relaxed neighbors.
Best of luck ❤
The police have been in my yard on two occasions and seen my unregistered flock and apparently could not have cared less even if the chicks were sleeping on a mattress with the tag removed.
:oops:

Hello @Maeschak ,
I own 20 chickens so far, (with some quail hatching out on the 17th of december) of multiple breeds. I have a buff orpington roo, australorps, a rhode island red, a golden laced polish, a golden laced wyandotte, cochins, buckeyes, ameracauncas, an ancona, a speckled sussex, a cuckoo maran, a little silkie/cream legbar cockerel, and a black jersey giant :)
Wow!
Can you show a photo lineup and say who's who?

I was wondering if anyone knew when the big swap takes place up in Washington County. I'm hoping to have my coop built by then that I can get some started pullets

Do you mean Sharpsburg? I'm not a MD native so I'm not good with counties lol. Anyway, that one is April 21st. What are you looking for and where are you located? I'm moving to Texas this summer so I have the very hard task of downsizing my flock :(

https://www.ghfarm.org/swap-info

Back
Top Bottom