MARYLAND THREAD!

Welcome Aboard! BYC is a GREAT community!
I'm in Cecil County. Have you got a coop set up, yet? I HIGHLY recommend you do that before you bring any biddies home. There's a whole section here on BYC devoted solely to coops and runs - to-do's and to-do-not's, different types for different locations ... lots of neat stuff!
If you're ready for peeps, check out your local Tractor Supply or other feed store. Most have peeps these days. If you want something more specific, or want to find out more about what breeds are "out there," look around here on BYC. You may even find someone with older birds that need homes. You'll get lots of info and lots of advice on what to get, where to get it and how to house and raise your flock. It's pretty cool!
I wish I could! I'm about as far across the top of Maryland as you can get and still stay in-state! We don't have anything like that in our neck of the woods.
I go and I'm in Cumberland MD. It's worth it!

I am selling my small Svarthona flock. I have 4 hens about a year+- old and one rooster almost a year, I'd have to look up the actual dates, can't quite remember off top of my head. The hens are great, the rooster is quite fertile though he does have a side sprig. As much as I adore these birds, my heart is in my Phoenix flock and I just don't have the room for them or the time to work on them. Very friendly birds that thrive on human interaction. They all need to go together, message me if interested, we are Eastern Shore, Pocomoke area. I also have 2 Phoenix Svart pairs that were a pleasant surprise. One pair is blue Fibro and the other silver Fibro. Oh, and 4 or 5 gorgeous silver Phoenix cockerels left from the great male hatches, and several blue silver pairs.
Somehow, I missed this. If you still have them, could you send some pictures & price?

I don’t live in md anymore... I’m just over the border in pa
But I am going to the swap Saturday! I’ve reserved some Marans and cream legbars from two vendors. And can’t wait to wander around and see what else I find (even not chicken related!)

Hello Maryland! Central New Yorker here that will be visiting May 16-18 for a northeast region employee association meeting. Wondering if anyone near our destination has some 4-H show quality started chicks? My Easter hatch did poor with the shipped eggs. We like Wyandotte and Orps, also had some bantam Wyandotte eggs that had none hatch. No high roosting breeds, they all end up in my horse barn rafters rather than in the coop, been there and over it.
We are staying in Dowell, MD.

Hello Maryland! Central New Yorker here that will be visiting May 16-18 for a northeast region employee association meeting. Wondering if anyone near our destination has some 4-H show quality started chicks? My Easter hatch did poor with the shipped eggs. We like Wyandotte and Orps, also had some bantam Wyandotte eggs that had none hatch. No high roosting breeds, they all end up in my horse barn rafters rather than in the coop, been there and over it.
We are staying in Dowell, MD.
I'm not near Dowell, but I'm on your way - right off I-95 at Exit 100. I have a pair of Porcelain D'uccles that could use a new home. They're just barely over a year old and both took ribbons at the Cecil County Fair, last summer.

00638359-A4D1-4AE0-8092-D67DE4B47FD8.jpeg
C8177E1E-A1BC-439F-A009-459520AEF70E.jpeg
0114AC4E-BA23-4EE4-B94B-56D007A804A0.jpeg
59B37D8E-0FAE-44D2-9C2F-A0CBBE9E8B75.jpeg
E666FB5F-872D-4E65-9DBA-9F2A1CFC65D7.jpeg
219D90C1-E0AB-4A7B-A115-84EB7663F326.jpeg
Hi! I live in north baltimore and I have had chickens for a year and half now. I am looking to give away two egg laying hens. they are austrolorpes and they are black. they are getting bullied by other members of the flock and we have not been able to stop it. please let me know if you would be able to take these two chickens! they are a year and a half and we will give them to you for free! here are some pics! the first four are from after the bullying and the others are from before they are misssing quite a few feathers.

Back
Top Bottom