Massacre at my house - Update with the neighbor

:thun
hit.gif
smack.gif

I would be SO sad!!! I'm so sorry!!!

It seems there are more and more of these dog attack posts lately. Everyone makes me sad, and I immdiatly get up and look out the window at my flock. What a shame, I'm sorry for your loss.

You charge whatever the heck you want. You can't put a price on pets. He should have made sure his dogs were properly trained and contained. :mad:

Yes, there are too many attacks by dogs. I can understand it when birds are free-ranged (that's one of the risks you take), but ones kept in pens, what's the deal? What kind of dogs can tear through chainlink & hardware cloth?

Call and get police report....have witnesses names and phones handy...........sue if they do not respond.........thats so awful I am so sorry for you....I would be devestated to say the least and you bet I would haunt them till they paid to replace birds,fencing,etc.......go for it....dont wait

Sorry about your loss. I would most definitely file a police report. After figuring the price for each, also make sure to add the funds it has cost you to bring them up to their age. Food, etc....and don't forget the pain and suffering due to the love and affection.

My family, back in the day, were tobacco farmers, therefore, having chickens. The way they use to stop dogs from killing the chickens was to strap a dead chicken around the dogs neck and make him wear it for a couple days. Sure wish you could do that to those neighbor's dogs, huh?

Anyway, sorry to learn of your loss.

Kimberrrr
hmm.png

The sad thing is most people consider them "just chickens" And assume they can all be easily replaced and that they are not really pets. They fail to understand the time, energy, love and care these birds are given. They don't understand what a loving pet chickens can be or that by loosing just one bird can mean as far as egg production and a roosters importance in protecting the flock and his ability to increase the flock. Not to mention that there are different kinds of chickens and different values to them. And some are not easily replaced. I am so sorry for your lose and I hope you can talk to the owners of the dogs and that they are reasonable people.

I would be absolutely livid. As a dog owner, I find it completely unacceptable when people don't properly contain their dogs. You know that was not the first time those dogs had got out, too.

I hope the owner is properly chagrined and reimburses you properly.

The man just called me back and he was very apologetic and told me he would commensate me. He didn't realize they would kill chickens. I wanted to say they are labs they are breed to hunt birds!! The man even has 2 underground electric fences but had turned them off. He knew one could jump the fence but didn't know the other one could.

He told me to get him a price and he would pay me for them.

Back
Top Bottom