MASSACRE...I need a shoulder... :(

cthrash1

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset, KY
After doing our running and going to my MILs to clean her house we came home to find our chickens massacred...Two dogs supposedly from down the street had a field day in our backyard.

All we have left are Raoul(with no tail), Belle, Sheila, Nutmeg, both Porcelains, one BTW Jap, Anna, Little Bit, Little Man, Terminator, 2 Millie girls, Lucytoo, and the guinea. And the ducks were not bothered. DH,who doesn't like my chicken hobby to start with, told me to just keep the chicks I have in the brooder(SHOCK) instead of giving them away.

We lost Bess, Brandywine, Bandaid, Helen, the two Ameraucanas, two Millies, All my Cochins except Lucytoo, both my blue Silkies, an EE, one of the BTW Jap babies, and that is all I can remember right now, we picked up close to 20 birds off the field I think it was. Poor Layne(DS) just sat in the middle of it all and cried. And that is what I've been doing tonight...
hit.gif

Cindy, who is just heartbroken right now....

I feel your pain. In October we lost 25 RIRs to a couple of my neighbors dogs! Left me with three hens. I was givin 2 roos and 6 older hens this past two weeks to help build back up. You know the worse part of it is it always happens when we are not around to protect them. Sorry for your lost.

I can say I know how you feel. Very sorry about your loss. Especially in these hard times of our economy. I gave up and put an electric fence around our run to make sure i had no problems with any more of our neighbors dogs.

Back
Top Bottom