Massage

I have been a "model" for a student at a massage school. It is a therapeutic level of massage. Some deep tissue massage does hurt at the time, but the pain goes away very quickly. You should hurt after the massage is done. A massage practitioner should not need to talk the whole time. I have had one massage, that my DMiL gave me. It was horrible the guy wanted me to breath in and out very aggressively the during the whole massage. If you find the right person, massage is wonderful. Most people want a gentle massage. But for me I want them to work out the knots, and I don't care if it hurts. Everyone will have different needs.

Sorry you had a bad experience this time, Annie.
hugs.gif

We have lots of friends who have trained to do massage as a part-time job while they study at uni. Most of them are pretty good at it, and their english isn't that good anyhow so not much conversing goes on in their massages.
lol.png

I recall have a massage and found it to be painful.Not worth the money. Dh does a good massage and he also knows to keep quite,lol. HIS massages are relaxing,not painful,and just plain nice.The way I think they should be when you go for a paid one!

thanks for all your comments, i am sure if i went back (which i was sooo turned off) I would politely ask for someone else, and mention right up front before the actual massage "I am here for relaxation and to rest without talking". Or something like that.
i awoke this morning to less pain in my left shoulder. Just thought it was so odd, i would feel discomfort. Anyways, thank again. should i still write a letter or email to the place?

Sourland had a massage. A new place opened in town - the Princess went and decided that Sourland should have a new experience; therefore, a special one hour massage at a reduced rate. He found places that were sore that even I was not aware of. The end result: I felt very relaxed; neck, back, and hips do not hurt as much as usual. May be something to this massage business. I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow.

Yes, I've had pain before, but that was when I was specifically going there for injury treatment. It certainly didn't last for a week though. I've had massages from several different therapist and hands down, I prefer men. The best was at a spa in Yosemite. The therapist was a smaller man, but had really big arms. He started on my arm and I fell asleep within minutes. I had to get up and use the restroom 3 times in a 1 hour span and I hadn't been drinking a lot of water right before.

Back
Top Bottom