Mate recently passed.

HENS-and-MARES

Crowing
Apr 6, 2020
Where it snows.
I had 6 geese, 3 females, 3 males, and sadly one of the females,(Guinevere) passed away yesterday, and her mate now refuses to leave his house.
All the other females have mates.
Should I get him another mate? Or should a wait.
The pair had been separate from the flock, and I’m not sure he will be accepted into the rest of the flock’s house.

I had 6 geese, 3 females, 3 males, and sadly one of the females,(Guinevere) passed away yesterday, and her mate now refuses to leave his house.
All the other females have mates.
Should I get him another mate? Or should a wait.
The pair had been separate from the flock, and I’m not sure he will be accepted into the rest of the flock’s house.
The easiest thing to do would be to get him another female. He could be integrated in with one of the other pairs but it can take time and it can be tricky depending on their personalities, ganders can form wonderful bonds though wether or not a female is present, if you’re in the northern hemisphere now is the best time to do it while everyone’s horomones are diminished.

The easiest thing to do would be to get him another female. He could be integrated in with one of the other pairs but it can take time and it can be tricky depending on their personalities, ganders can form wonderful bonds though wether or not a female is present, if you’re in the northern hemisphere now is the best time to do it while everyone’s horomones are diminished.
K. I’ll start working on it.

Back
Top Bottom