Mating with my chickens.

This thread has been moderated.

Please let's keep it family friendly and about chickens only, folks.

When I get some of the girls attention, like if I move too fast, they do the squat with their wings hunkered forward and stomp their feet. I have my own saying when I give them a rooster rub down. As others mentioned, ruffle the neck feathers a little bit and pat their back. They then saunter off and ruffle up their feathers and have no more to do with me unless I have treats.

If when they're hunkered down you can pick them up just right and they'll keep their wings forward and you can walk around with them like they're a jet fighter.

Quote:
Hahahaha Nice!
love.gif

Quote:
I have to do that! If I don't pick them up, they peck me, rotten birds... I've done a lot of chicken chores with a bird under my arm. Sometimes I walk around with two. And my husband says, "That chicken can walk, you know".
gig.gif

I've got a co-worker who goes on about how cute her chickens are when they squat down so she can pick them up. She thinks it's the birds way of saying pick me up and pet me. I didn't have the heart to tell her they think she's a rooster.

This is a funny thread. I'm amused. I have 2 that do that to me. I will either pet them and off they go or pick them up and we have a converstion on confusion.

When I go into the hen house or run, I have to briskly rub ALL(25 of them) of their backs as they run up to me and squat. Then they shake it off and go on about their business. The DW and our friends get a kick out of it. They only do it for me though. Who's your daddy...lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom