MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Apr 20, 2016.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    We do some of that too though bo slip n slides, hose wars (no one will do ot with me :/ ), and i don't like beaches lol i am lame. But even then it is hot :(
    Sorry, I quoted as I saw them so got the order messed up so just gonna answer as one rather than put like topics together hah Anyway, yeah, i heard some say the. App wasn't good but idk. I have had some issues with the site lately too but nothing major. I hope they fix it to make you able to put pictures up in app. As for the hawks, thanks Mike! Thankfully they were locked in the run! The hawks actually didn't even look at them, just flew straight through, and when they got over the open front yard they hovered a bit and some were further ahead and behind but only a few seconds then they moved on and flew over the property. But the one or two was really low, like not even the top of the pine trees. And HUGE. You never appreciate how huge hawks are until theyre over you lol I don't get it. As for Gator, oooohhhhh yes, he was extremely comfy lol shortly after thst he got up, ate some grass (not alarming, he grazes all the time), then laid back down after digging a deeper hole

2. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama

I'm using photobucket to share pictures on the app.

3. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    Not yet. They are more of a backyard breeder so I dunno what will happen.... Not too stressed over it, since I got the whole dozen for five dollars.
    -Banti

4. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Terrible pciture, wish I had snapped it when they were right above me :( but here are all 6 hawks. You can see what I meant about how they kinda spread out and hovered for a sec before moving on.

[​IMG]

5. Wishapup

Wishapup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks!

I know I'll get a good broody at some point. Last year one of my bantams hatched out three lovely chicks (she could only sit on four LF eggs and even that was pushing it - her legs always seemed to be doing the splits for some reason [​IMG]). A raccoon took the babies when they were about 6 weeks old [​IMG]

I'd love for her to go broody again since she did such a great job, and she's very cooperative. Even comes when called. The broody Leghorn would never do that.

6. Wishapup

Wishapup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Canada
    Does your Lab eat all kinds of grass? Mine usually only goes for the decorative/ornamental varieties. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  7. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR

That's my question. I haven't looked. I figured if there was one, they would be advertising it on here.

Found it at the Google play store. Using it right now. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  8. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    hope the app also will post pics soon or I will be flipping back and forth to do pics.

9. Puddin Fluff

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    [​IMG]

just an app test to see if pic will upload

10. Puddin Fluff

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Looks like mine came through. It might be your phone version. I think I saw a thread where they are looking for glitches so they can fix it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by