MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I had so doggone much trouble with the app that I dumped it and went the old fashioned way. I used my iPhone's search engine, and went to BYC. Logged in, then use the little piece of paper looking icon to give me some options, one of which was "add to homescreen". Did that, then when it opened I switched it to Desktop mode. Did the same thing on my iPad. So when I want to come here on my phone or iPad I just find the little BYC chicken and tap it. Now BYC looks pretty much like it does on my computer, I can add photos, quote, and all that fun stuff. It's just very, very tiny.

just an app test to see if pic will upload
Good picture though!

I had so doggone much trouble with the app that I dumped it and went the old fashioned way. I used my iPhone's search engine, and went to BYC. Logged in, then use the little piece of paper looking icon to give me some options, one of which was "add to homescreen". Did that, then when it opened I switched it to Desktop mode. Did the same thing on my iPad. So when I want to come here on my phone or iPad I just find the little BYC chicken and tap it. Now BYC looks pretty much like it does on my computer, I can add photos, quote, and all that fun stuff. It's just very, very tiny.
I may have to try this, i hate having to email myself the pictures i take so i can post them from my computer or kindle

13001117_10153632667442075_5384204981013695594_n.jpg

13001278_980676932002048_5877718641658261656_n.jpg

13000229_10209209204931022_4010216281016641606_n.jpg

My April hatch is over. 54 put of 70 eggs. Just a tad bit over 77% hatch rate/ fertile eggs. Over all was almost 73%. Only four eggs set weren't fertile.

I'll post pictures tomorrow when I pull them out. These will be on the April Hatch thread.

I'll post what I'm setting when I get them set. I'll be setting on May 5th. I just don't know how many until I get them set.
awesome!!

just an app test to see if pic will upload
nice bird!!

Good picture though!

I may have to try this, i hate having to email myself the pictures i take so i can post them from my computer or kindle

I am on an Android galaxy S4 so maybe the issue is with i phones? Seemed to work good.

thank you RE: the bird. She is two and when we hatched her, she was the only Cochin and my son named her Favorite. She is quite friendly and I use her for demonstrations with small kids.
awesome!!

nice bird!!
Thank you RE. the bird. Like the patriotic photos above.

By the way, just a side note, today my desktop has the multi-quote and all my tool bar. I have no idea why it dissappers sometimes. This is a new issue in the last week or so.

Also, candling tonight as I have something going on tomorrow night that will keep me busy. Got a good look at all 12 eggs yesterday as broody mama was off nest for her crazy broody run. Fingers crossed for lots of little wigglers tonight!
fl.gif

Does your Lab eat all kinds of grass? Mine usually only goes for the decorative/ornamental varieties. :)

He seems to be particular about the types of grasses he eats lol so i think hes the same :) he also eats on walks though. There's a spot near the end of our driveway wherehe always stops and "grazes" and there used to be a spot when we walked the cranberry bogs but they dredged a new channel lol so not necessarily only decorative/ornamental grasses but not just any grass either. Though sometimes he does graze in the middle of the yard. He's very weird lol he's also part Great Pyrenees though so i always wondered if he wasnt finding nutrition in the grasses out of some instinct to stay alive lol cause sometimes he catches animals too

I had so doggone much trouble with the app that I dumped it and went the old fashioned way.  I used my iPhone's search engine, and went to BYC.  Logged in, then use the little piece of paper looking icon to give me some options, one of which was "add to homescreen".  Did that, then when it opened I switched it to Desktop mode. Did the same thing on my iPad. So when I want to come here on my phone or iPad I just find the little BYC chicken and tap it. Now BYC looks pretty much like it does on my computer, I can add photos, quote, and all that fun stuff.  It's just very, very tiny.

I personally find the desktop version on mobile to be very clunky and hard to use. You should try mobile sometime :)

This is great!

I am on an Android galaxy S4 so maybe the issue is with i phones? Seemed to work good.

thank you RE: the bird. She is two and when we hatched her, she was the only Cochin and my son named her Favorite. She is quite friendly and I use her for demonstrations with small kids.
Thank you RE. the bird. Like the patriotic photos above.

By the way, just a side note, today my desktop has the multi-quote and all my tool bar. I have no idea why it dissappers sometimes. This is a new issue in the last week or so.

Also, candling tonight as I have something going on tomorrow night that will keep me busy. Got a good look at all 12 eggs yesterday as broody mama was off nest for her crazy broody run. Fingers crossed for lots of little wigglers tonight!
fl.gif
i def think it's an iphone issue (hate them)
My daughter names all our birds after food(pretzel, guacamole, muffin)
Good luck with the broody!

I'll be joining you all :) I have khaki campbell eggs due the 13th, WH eggs due the 20th, and I'll be putting some NN EE eggs in today that will due the 14th.

What are these? Feed store had 3 cages, the top ones had the yellow/cream on chest and the bottom ones didnt. Also there were like 2 black ones in the third cage on the way bottom. Didn't get picks, so dark. But didn't look like barred rock or Australorp? I thought these were all EEs but then the middle cage some are brown and some look silver/grey? So I'm wondering if they are Wyandottes? They were supposed to get SLW and GLW in bit I forget when. They weren't labeled or else I wouldn't be asking. Forgot to ask an employee but oh well. This is Morrisons, a local store under Agway, not a TSC or anything. But yeah. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom