MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Looks good to me.

woot.gif
What all you got cooking?

In the incubators-

May 5 hatch are Silverudd Blue/Isbar, Isabelle leghorn and a few Swedish Flower hens
May 9 hatch are all blue and black copper marans
May 15 hatch are Silverudd Blue/Isbar, Isabelle Leghorn and Swedish Flower Hens

I've got the brinsea's overloaded and have lost count of how many of what are set.

Under the broodies; roosters are australorp and silverudd blue and a sneaky Swedish Flower Hen

The hens are australorp, 5 kinds of marans, AM, EE. Maybe I will get some purebred Australorp. Otherwise mutts.

April Hatch over about to set May hatch if polish eggs come in today.
I'll be setting 13 Mille Fleurs D'Uccles and Bantam Polish Gold Laced Frizzles and a few peking duck eggs...my daughters egg was a quitter today. She cried.
The lady I set and hatched out a small flock is ignoring my texts...I have learned my lesson..ARGH some people.
Am hoping set day is tomorrow

I'll be setting 13 Mille Fleurs D'Uccles and Bantam Polish Gold Laced Frizzles and a few peking duck eggs...my daughters egg was a quitter today. She cried.
The lady I set and hatched out a small flock is ignoring my texts...I have learned my lesson..ARGH some people.
Sorry about the lady ignoring you and <hugs> for your daughter!!!

Welcome and good luck with you hatch.

I am a 4th grade teacher. This is my 2nd year incubating in my classroom. I set 22 eggs yesterday. We hope for a May 17th -18th hatch date. I used eggs from my personal flock of barred rocks.

We will be candling on May 2nd!

My class is very excited. Count us in for our hatch along.

We attempted to participate in the Easter Hatch a long but I was not given clearance by an administrator for that month due to our testing calendar. The kids were patient and were so excited to finally set eggs.

Last edited:
I am a 4th grade teacher. This is my 2nd year incubating in my classroom. I set 22 eggs yesterday. We hope for a May 17th -18th hatch date. I used eggs from my personal flock of barred rocks.

woot.gif
Welcome. I'm glad the children will get to experience this.

I'm down an egg. One of the marans eggs had a Crack, eggtopsy showed no growth anyway so either way it was a dud.
29 still cooking though.

Quote:
Wonderful assortment. A sneaky Swedish Flower Hen!
lau.gif

Hope you eggs safely arrive today! Sorry you daughter's eggs was a quitter, and about the lady ignoring your texts. Good Luck with your hatch!

We attempted to participate in the Easter Hatch a long but I was not given clearance by an administrator for that month due to our testing calendar. The kids were patient and were so excited to finally set eggs.

I'm sorry things didn't work out for the Easter Hatch A Long, but I'm glad you are able to join us now. Hatching from your personal flock should greatly improve your chances of a good hatch! Look forward to hearing your candling results.

Back
Top Bottom