MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Apr 20, 2016.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Wow I love them! They're gorgeous! :)
    Same. And desserts.
    Well, I don't knowfor sure but the person I was quoting had said to be careful or that they don't buy feed there because it tends to be old or bad. So far I have had good luck but something to think about. Although this new feed I just switched too TSC doesn't carry it.
    Love them!! So cute!!

2. chicken hawk 33

chicken hawk 33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2015
    I do.lol

3. mamahmendez

mamahmendez Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    SW Austin, TX
    Captains Log - Day 29, Part 2
    2 eggs have pipped. In the air cells; in the correct position. That is at least a start. We had about 5 power outages, among many other challenges) this hatch so maybe they are just delayed?

Posted earlier today: Captains Log - Day 29, Part 1
    I have 3 duck eggs that are still rocking. No pips. No peeps. No progress. I will keep them in the incubator for a few more days or if I smell something funky. At this point, however, I am not that optimistic that there will ducklings at our house this week.
    I am crushed, disappointed and feel a little bit like a failure. I think the humidity was just too low. I may try again and join the May HAL (my husband told me to give it another shot).

4. wornoutmomto3

wornoutmomto3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2014
    Florida
    My Coop
    They are all supet cute! Have you picked out names yet? Most of my Goats end up with food type names. LOL! My goats' names are Chocolate Sundae(billy), Ginger and Snickers(nannies), Bacon and Hershey (doelings).

5. chicken hawk 33

Nov 4, 2015
    I have too many hens wanting to go broody.

6. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Send them my way I have some eggs I want to set and to small of an incubator [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  7. chicken hawk 33

Nov 4, 2015
    I have at least seven

8. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    I had to help the last chick of this hatch. It hatched around 2:00 this afternoon. There was 1 pip that died., and 4 that didn't pip. 4 healthy chicks and this last one that still isn't fluffy. We are on day 23. Bumbed that my Brinsea temps are so far off compared to the other one I have.

9. sasafras4u2

sasafras4u2 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Texas
    My Coop
    Oh stop y'all is gonna make want to get some itty bitty goat kids!
    :lau

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  10. weegarden

weegarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2014
    I've had issues with my small Brinsea too. I tried to hatch eggs in it, they were fine until lockdown and then died. Then I had another set in my styrobator that were doing fine. I locked them down in the small Brinsea because they were banti chicks and I didn't want them banging around with the bigger chicks, and they all died too. I'm boxing that one up for now, and will stick to my styrobator Good luck with your hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by