MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    Yay!!!! Go chickies go!!!![​IMG]

2. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Songster

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California

3. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Songster

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    Thank you! She was my first Blue. She started a Blue obsession for me. Currently trying to breed more Blue Cochin and in early stages of getting hatching eggs of Giants.

4. weegarden

weegarden Songster

Jul 17, 2014
    Out of 18, I now have 5 rocks, 6 beautiful blue silkies, 1 rock that is still pipped and not zipped (hurry up, I need my incubator.), and yep, I did have 1 die from rolling over wrong, and 5 that never pipped.

I'm confused about that. 3 of the 5 died earlier, maybe at lockdown, and maybe even earlier. (I know that could happen in a nest too.)
    But, the last two are from the same rooster/hen combo, and they both looked fully developed, yolk sac drawn in, heads turned and ready to internally pip, but no internal pip. They did have big vaulted skulls, and looked really nice, but no internal pip. I wonder why. I had a couple from the same rooster/hen combo do that last time too.

5. weegarden

weegarden Songster

Jul 17, 2014
    How fun! I would love to try turkeys!

Very pretty coloring!

Thanks! I had exactly 2 hatched when I got home yesterday too. :) I have one little pokey one left. My silkies seem to be a little later than the rocks. I love polish!
    Congrats!

Woo hoo! What a fun bunch of eggs cooking!

I can't wait to hear about this and if it works well, which I hope it does, I can't wait to hear how to make it!

Beautiful incubator full!

Funny! But, not funny when you are trying to sleep. Is it getting a draft of coldness. That makes them peep for sure!

6. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I saw! All five hatched! I am so happy for you!!

7. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    [​IMG]

Glad to hear it. [​IMG]

I am...........sort of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I finally guessed something right.

8. wabbit1964

wabbit1964 Songster

Mar 30, 2013
    Maine
    My Coop
    5 turkey eggs in lockdown due tomorrow .. no signs of them joining us on Cinco De Mayo....First time hatching turkeys.. nervous...[​IMG]
    Meanwhile my farm store order should be coming in today or tomorrow so waiting for a phone call and for signs of hatching from the incubator...[​IMG]
    other two incubators are full one of duck/turkey due the 14th and one of chicken eggs due the 19th of course both of these hatches are on weekends when I am busy and away... going to have to get another incubator and set some eggs to hatch Memorial day LOL[​IMG] I don't think hubby would be happy if I bought another incubator or spent more money on eggs [​IMG]It can be my graduation present to myself [​IMG]

9. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Yea it sounds like you need a graduation present...........either that or just buy one big cabinet incubator.

10. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    :duc

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by