MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Splash ameraucana is out!
Green magnolia is out!
Easter egger is out!
Olive egger is out.. with a single comb?

Just waiting on you, ameriflower...

I have to go to bed! Been glued to the incubator
Yay!!!! Go chickies go!!!!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
i had a n/n sneak in a cochin bantam pen with me. I thought I got him out before any damage was done. (WRONG) THE SNEAK LITTLE DEVIL) my little hens hatched a few nn babies. He was so fast... the pen is covered. he found me in and I didn't see him....good thing I didn't sell any of those eggs.. LOL
Plus I was marking eggs the RRs eggs look a lot like the Brahma eggs. hope I didn't mix them up. I usually mark the hatching eggs as I pick them up.. OOps ie are made.!!!
PS the little nns are so cute.

Out of 18, I now have 5 rocks, 6 beautiful blue silkies, 1 rock that is still pipped and not zipped (hurry up, I need my incubator.), and yep, I did have 1 die from rolling over wrong, and 5 that never pipped.

I'm confused about that. 3 of the 5 died earlier, maybe at lockdown, and maybe even earlier. (I know that could happen in a nest too.)
But, the last two are from the same rooster/hen combo, and they both looked fully developed, yolk sac drawn in, heads turned and ready to internally pip, but no internal pip. They did have big vaulted skulls, and looked really nice, but no internal pip. I wonder why. I had a couple from the same rooster/hen combo do that last time too.

Just locked down 7 turkey eggs. I thought they were due Saturday but no, they're due Friday. Oops! About half of the are already internally pipped lol
How fun! I would love to try turkeys!

The outcome.
Very pretty coloring!

Details? Your great might be different than mine.....

I'm glad you had pipping! I came home to 2 hatched, and 9 pips. Only the bantams are doing anything. The 4 Polish and 17 BCM's are just sitting there. When I locked down, one of the Polish had a nice draw down, so I'm expecting at least 1 of the Polish to hatch. I'm guessing the Bantam are just earlier hatchers. I never noticed that with my silkies.

Yay!! congratulations on the cute little fuzzies! I hope that the 5 you suspect as quitters surprise you!

He is beautiful! That's funny about the fence hopping! I love his coloring!

Thanks! I had exactly 2 hatched when I got home yesterday too. :) I have one little pokey one left. My silkies seem to be a little later than the rocks. I love polish!
EE chick is out! It looks dark gray or blackish, hard to tell :)
OE is out!
SA is pipped
AMF is pipped
and.............. GM green magnolia is pipped! that's 5/5!!!!
wee.gif
Congrats!

As of right now I have 52 eggs cooking! 30 of them are due on mothers day!!!! The other 22 in 17-18 more days..... but maybe I have more babies to keep me busy. About ready to start moving the last group of 14 outside. Not sure how the girls are gonna like that. I'm starting intros tomorrow. Lol
Woo hoo! What a fun bunch of eggs cooking!

I tried to wait a couple more days to have a few more Silkie eggs to set but I couldn't do it! I just set 6 under my experimental incubator, the "Electric Hen". I have not done a full incubation with this incubator but I did start some eggs with it and finished them in another incubator because I needed the thermostat for my emu eggs. They all hatched, which is rare for my seramas so I am excited to try it with Silkie eggs.

It is a contact incubator, made to mimic a broody hen, so the eggs go under it rather than inside. I have a diy egg-o-meter that is at a steady temp just under 100 degrees.

I can't wait to hear about this and if it works well, which I hope it does, I can't wait to hear how to make it!

Just put my 17 eggs on lockdown!!!
Beautiful incubator full!

I am at the opposite end of the house from the incubators. I have the brooder right next to the hatching chicks. First two chicks hatched earlier today, and are dry and fluffy. Since the hatcher is SO crowded, I pulled them out and put them in the brooder. One of those babies is screaming so loudly, I think people 2 houses over can hear it. I shine a light in the brooder, it calms down. Turn off the light, it screeches. Are little chicks afraid of the dark?

Or, is it hearing the 2 zippers in the next 'bator over, and it's encouraging? I have 11 pips, 2 zips and 2 chicks so far. I should have lots of fluffy babies in the morning!!!
Funny! But, not funny when you are trying to sleep. Is it getting a draft of coldness. That makes them peep for sure!

I went back in to see the OE egg zipping!

and she/he's out!

looks really dark, maybe black and has black legs!
woot.gif

Thanks! I had a bunch pipping when I was home.
Glad to hear it.
fl.gif

Who's keeping track this time?

Out of my 5 eggs due May 11 ish 4 have movement 1 looks like it has a blood ring but doesn't smell-so it stays

Woohoo!
I am...........sort of.

EE chick is out! It looks dark gray or blackish, hard to tell :)
OE is out!
SA is pipped
AMF is pipped
and.............. GM green magnolia is pipped! that's 5/5!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

Splash ameraucana is out!
Green magnolia is out!
Easter egger is out!
Olive egger is out.. with a single comb?

Just waiting on you, ameriflower...

I have to go to bed! Been glued to the incubator
woot.gif
I finally guessed something right.

5 turkey eggs in lockdown due tomorrow .. no signs of them joining us on Cinco De Mayo....First time hatching turkeys.. nervous...
bow.gif

Meanwhile my farm store order should be coming in today or tomorrow so waiting for a phone call and for signs of hatching from the incubator...
yippiechickie.gif

other two incubators are full one of duck/turkey due the 14th and one of chicken eggs due the 19th of course both of these hatches are on weekends when I am busy and away... going to have to get another incubator and set some eggs to hatch Memorial day LOL
jumpy.gif
I don't think hubby would be happy if I bought another incubator or spent more money on eggs
jumpy.gif
It can be my graduation present to myself
lau.gif

5 turkey eggs in lockdown due tomorrow .. no signs of them joining us on Cinco De Mayo....First time hatching turkeys.. nervous...
bow.gif

Meanwhile my farm store order should be coming in today or tomorrow so waiting for a phone call and for signs of hatching from the incubator...
yippiechickie.gif

other two incubators are full one of duck/turkey due the 14th and one of chicken eggs due the 19th of course both of these hatches are on weekends when I am busy and away... going to have to get another incubator and set some eggs to hatch Memorial day LOL
jumpy.gif
I don't think hubby would be happy if I bought another incubator or spent more money on eggs
jumpy.gif
It can be my graduation present to myself
lau.gif
Yea it sounds like you need a graduation present...........either that or just buy one big cabinet incubator.

Back
Top Bottom