MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Thanks! Didn't see slate legs or 5 toes but didn't look that close i guess. But I'm also not sure the store was gettkng any of those in and aren't dorkings kinda small? Even if not, they were in with the brown ones so that kinda limits it. Wonder if Wyandottes look like that?

Nope. Dorkings aare heavies, dual purpose birds. I just don't know anything about Wyandotte. :)

I was *supposed* to be setting some BCM and Sulmtaler eggs in the wee hours of tonight/tomorrow, but, with the last tracking update I had when I asked the guys at the post office this afternoon, the soonest they will be in is Monday... But I've got a nice clean incubator! And, since they're from Ravyn, at least I know they were nice snd fresh when they went in the box. Heck, I might actually be able to see aircells with the delay :gig

Last edited:
Heyo! Well, I have several eggs in the incubator who will hatch in May :)

78 coturnix quail eggs
13 Silkie eggs (fingers crossed...second try with this seller by accident)
12 Speckled Welsummer eggs
12 Cornish Bantam eggs
12 Cornish/Maran meat cross eggs (of various colors :D)
and finally, the expirement I'm most excited for...
12 supermarket eggs labeled organic free range. We shall see what happens :)

So wish I had some Cayuga eggs too, but no room in either bator and I'm already playing airsack jenga to get everyone in xD

Quote: Oh, at least yo didn't spend too much.

I'll be joining you all
smile.png
I have khaki campbell eggs due the 13th, WH eggs due the 20th, and I'll be putting some NN EE eggs in today that will due the 14th.
Welcome!

I think il be joining this too! Might finally hatch my first generation serama EE! And maybe some ducks
1f601.png
!
Welcome!

I seemed to have lost a bunch of quotes, sorry.
barnie.gif

REMINDER ALL APRIL HAL CONTESTS END NEXT SATURDAY 30th!!

Current Contest and Prize List

Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE

1st place - 6 Olive Egger & 6 Sapphire Super Layers - Sally Sunshine
2nd Place - Iridescent Carnival Glass "Hen on Nest" - Sally Sunshine
Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE

1st place - 12+ Silkie eggs - Jessimom
2nd Place - Chicken Egg Collecting Basket - Sally Sunshine
Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HERE

1st Place - $50.00 Michael's Gift Certificate - Kwhites634
2nd Place - Sketching Art Set and Sketch Pads & Pencils - Jessimom
3rd - Place - Beautiful Hand Turned Pen - PenMaster
“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE

6 Copper Marans Eggs - laurel woods
salt and pepper shakers - Cynthia12
Chicken Apron - campingshaws
GFM - chao18
GFM - canadachickens
E-Cookbook Lost Recipe Cookbook - Penny Hen
Coldstone Creamery $10 Gift Card Jessimom

“Everything Spoon” donated by @flocktastic
“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Post Thread CLICK HERE

15+ "Wonderful Egg Collection"- donated by Sally Sunshine
6 silkie eggs - Razdia
2 computer fans, 1 stc-1000 - chaos
GFM/BYC Gift Cert - lindalouly
Coldstone Creamery $10 Gift Card Jessimom
24" handmade Rustic Wooden Rooster - Sally Sunshine
BYC Promo Pack - DwayneNLiz​
thumbsup.gif
Thanks Sally!

Quote: Welcome!

I was *supposed* to be setting some BCM and Sulmtaler eggs in the wee hours of tonight/tomorrow, but, with the last tracking update I had when I asked the guys at the post office this afternoon, the soonest they will be in is Monday... But I've got a nice clean incubator! And, since they're from Ravyn, at least I know they were nice snd fresh when they went in the box. Heck, I might actually be able to see aircells with the delay
gig.gif
I hope they arrive safely on Monday!
fl.gif

Thank you!

78 coturnix quail eggs
12 Cornish Bantam eggs

So wish I had some Cayuga eggs too, but no room in either bator and I'm already playing airsack jenga to get everyone in xD
Welcome! That's a lot to keep track of.

Candled under the broody tonight, only pulled 2 clears out of the 12. Awesome! Saw some sort of development in all of them. The Lemon Blues had quite a dark shell and it wasn't totally dark outside so my handy dandy flash light only showed me something was happening, not exactly how much. Saw some nice veining in the bantams and perfect little wigglers too.

Now if I can just fight off the broody disorder that is attacking my flock (trying to bust 3more) We are golden, or should I say Lemon Blue!

There would be lots of emoticons going on if I had buttons for them (angry face)!

Quote: WELCOME!!! what are you hatching out?

78 coturnix quail eggs
12 Cornish Bantam eggs

Welcome! I have some double stacked for now until candle! I need some to finish up in one of the hatchers to make more room!
How do you like your cornish maran cross for meaties? got pics or weights/weeks to processing? interesting!
I was *supposed* to be setting some BCM and Sulmtaler eggs in the wee hours of tonight/tomorrow, but, with the last tracking update I had when I asked the guys at the post office this afternoon, the soonest they will be in is Monday... But I've got a nice clean incubator! And, since they're from Ravyn, at least I know they were nice snd fresh when they went in the box. Heck, I might actually be able to see aircells with the delay
gig.gif
Awesome! WE

And then there were four, in my bator lol
with four comes MORE

Candled under the broody tonight, only pulled 2 clears out of the 12. Awesome! Saw some sort of development in all of them. The Lemon Blues had quite a dark shell and it wasn't totally dark outside so my handy dandy flash light only showed me something was happening, not exactly how much. Saw some nice veining in the bantams and perfect little wigglers too.

Now if I can just fight off the broody disorder that is attacking my flock (trying to bust 3more) We are golden, or should I say Lemon Blue!

There would be lots of emoticons going on if I had buttons for them (angry face)!
Send a broody this way please!!! LOL Good news on the eggies though!!

Back
Top Bottom