MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Quote:
Let me know how that turns out for you! Amazingly I am hoping for a roo in this hatch. I have shipped off all my boys so I currently have a girls club. I did that in anticipation of a good hatch with 50% or more boys (as is my usual luck). Watch them all be girls this time. That is just Murphy's Law for hatching. I miss the crowing. :-(
I'll try to remember to come back and tell how it turns out. I'll have to wait a few weeks to be able to tell for sure what the sex really is. I know the feeling of wanting which ever. This past hatch I was hoping for a cockerel myself from my 1/2 Black Jersey Giant NN hen. I got two offspring but they are both looking like pullets.

41 set 7 days ago. 39 looking great so far. 2 I can't really tell the eggs are a bit dark in color.

I have 8 RIR hens, 5 white leghorn hens, 5 black astrolorp hens. They have 3 husband's. 1 silver spitzhauben, 1 gold spitzhauben and 1 lavender orpington. All the kids are 11-13 months and very happy healthy bug eating machines. I'm not sure what I will have in the end but I'm getting crazy excited! !! 14 day until fuzzy butts. 11 until lockdown.

Oh and forgot to say, this is my first incubating run. I just got my LG bator from TSC 7 days ago.

Any tips or a vice welcome.

Last edited:
41 set 7 days ago. 39 looking great so far. 2 I can't really tell the eggs are a bit dark in color.

I have 8 RIR hens, 5 white leghorn hens, 5 black astrolorp hens. They have 3 husband's. 1 silver spitzhauben, 1 gold spitzhauben and 1 lavender orpington. All the kids are 11-13 months and very happy healthy bug eating machines. I'm not sure what I will have in the end but I'm getting crazy excited! !! 14 day until fuzzy butts. 11 until lockdown.

Oh and forgot to say, this is my first incubating run. I just got my LG bator from TSC 7 days ago.

Good luck!!! (Sorry no advice)

5/5 Turkey eggs looking good for May 5th
8/13 runner ducks looking good for May 14th
3/8 Royal Palm Turkey eggs looking good for May 14th.

and more eggs coming so I will be setting some Chickens for May as well.
D.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm going to try an experiment this time around. They say that pullets hatch from the more rounded end eggs and cockerels from the more pointy ones.

Them I'm going to do the pin thing over them also. Round and round pullets back and forth cockerel. Double check them you see.

I trying to see if this works, so far this year is seems I've been coming out with about 3/4 cockerels to a 1/4 pullet ratio.

Good luck! I hope the cockerel to putter ratio switches for you soon!

Quote: I would miss crowing too. I hope you get your roo!

Put eggs on lockdown yesterday! I somehow managed to set them so that that would hatch when I am out of town! Luckily someone can take care of them for me! Hopefully it all goes smooth!
Meant to put this in the April hatch a long
1f601.png
woot.gif
Hope all goes well!

From your successful candle it seems you have this all under control.

5/5 Turkey eggs looking good for May 5th
8/13 runner ducks looking good for May 14th
3/8 Royal Palm Turkey eggs looking good for May 14th.

and more eggs coming so I will be setting some Chickens for May as well.
D.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif

woot.gif

Here's some advice and/or a tip. Read the Hatching 101 article put together by Sally.

Hatching Eggs 101 CLICK HERE

Back
Top Bottom