May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

My wild looking one pretty much ended up with the same coloring but it looks even better, I will have to take a picture of it tomorrow for you.

Hooray!

I just caught my younger roo and put him in the time out pen. He doesn't bother me at all (he's terrified of me, ever since he escaped the chopping block) but he's not as gentle of a breeder as I would like and he's had plenty of time to get the hang of it. He might be a freezer bird if the people who contacted me don't want him.

@FortCluck I am really curious to see what these two end up looking like. Everybody else is either obviously black or just gold, these two have some stripes and black head spots.

IMG_20200505_154418.jpg

IMG_20200505_154254.jpg

Hooray!

I just caught my younger roo and put him in the time out pen. He doesn't bother me at all (he's terrified of me, ever since he escaped the chopping block) but he's not as gentle of a breeder as I would like and he's had plenty of time to get the hang of it. He might be a freezer bird if the people who contacted me don't want him.

I'm waiting for my Polish crosses to hatch there's two of them that are two days early. They look like they're white and black but I'm not sure I can't wait to see them!

I don't like rough breeding roosters with my chickens because their feathers all come out and then they look awful. Squatch was a rough mayinb partner so we had to get rid of him. The new deathlayers are very gentle with our girls and they don't seem to care about mating anymore. They used to run away from Squatch, now they squat on the ground for the new boys without running away.

So excited this morning. We had our first pip sometime over the night. Before we went to bed I heard a chick chirping. Now I just want to watch it all day but have to head to the office. Probably a good thing and maybe I'll come home to one hatched :fl and a couple of more pips.
Got home from work and a different egg hatched while I was gone and the others have external pips. So far we have one Rhode Island Red. I'll post pics later once they are done :)

All during incubation my Temp has been a steady 100-100.4F
Ever since Lockdown i removed the Turning tray & shelf. The temp has dropped to 99.5F with 65-68% humidity.
Is this okay or should i adjust. Today is day 19
I kept my temp at 99.5F throughout the entire process so I think your temp is fine. Not sure on humidity as I have heard that depends on climate where you are located.

Back
Top Bottom