May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Love your set up with the electric net fence and wheeled coop! I wanted to make a coop like that last year from a Justin Rhodes design. What birds are in the other pen, and what’s the tote with a small hole used for?
Let's see, that is a modified Chickshaw, northern climate version. Justin did a great job giving everyone something to start with. Not insulated, just handles a snow load. I am about to build another with a split sloped roof.

The other pen is my integration tractor, it has bars on the opening to only let the littles in.

The tote is a portable dust bath, but they don't use it.

Everything I have is mobile, there are multiple chicken/turkey tractors off shot. I am a sick sick man.

Fuzzy Butts that didn't make the first picture.

This is shrink-wrap, I am trying to figure out how to remove the cape before the tribe does it. (In the middle)
IMG_20200505_052109.jpg
These (middle of photos) are Silver Wyandotte over Comets, they all got stripes. Red head, yellow with strong stripes
IMG_20200505_052052.jpg IMG_20200505_052050.jpg

The white dotted black same roo over barred rock. I read on BYC that it makes sex-link, I have three. All in this photo. Any guesses before I nail test them?
IMG_20200505_052025.jpg

Off to modify the incubator before setting another 60 is eggs. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_20200505_052046.jpg
    IMG_20200505_052046.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200505_052006.jpg
    IMG_20200505_052006.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 7
Fuzzy Butts that didn't make the first picture.

This is shrink-wrap, I am trying to figure out how to remove the cape before the tribe does it. (In the middle)
View attachment 2123722
These (middle of photos) are Silver Wyandotte over Comets, they all got stripes. Red head, yellow with strong stripes
View attachment 2123724View attachment 2123726

The white dotted black same roo over barred rock. I read on BYC that it makes sex-link, I have three. All in this photo. Any guesses before I nail test them?
View attachment 2123729

Off to modify the incubator before setting another 60 is eggs. :eek:

I have had good luck removing that stuff with a warm water tooth brush.

Let's see, that is a modified Chickshaw, northern climate version. Justin did a great job giving everyone something to start with. Not insulated, just handles a snow load. I am about to build another with a split sloped roof.

The other pen is my integration tractor, it has bars on the opening to only let the littles in.

The tote is a portable dust bath, but they don't use it.

Everything I have is mobile, there are multiple chicken/turkey tractors off shot. I am a sick sick man.
Very cool!

I have female names Darth Talon, Zorii, Reven is a gender neutral name.

i hope it isn’t all males. I hatch out that last year. One single female to 5 males not what I was looking for.
I don't name anything until I see it feathered and I know I'm keeping it.

Some chicks I think will look amazing when they are feathered, and then they don't 😂

This one is a favorite of mine. I'll try to get a picture of it's feathering on its wings. It's gorgeous. It better be a Pullet 😂

It's a deathlayer cross.

IMG_20200425_100901.jpg

Back
Top Bottom