May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Also trying to hatch out more chickens from a friend for her. I am still debating on if and what breed I want to do for chickens for myself. It needs to have smaller combs through because bigger ones kinda freak me out. I am taking suggestions.

Ameraucana has a pea comb, is cold tolerant but not heat (according to the wiki). Instead of listing breeds, as they all are good for something. May I suggest looking at pea and rose comb breeds. The rose comb is still large, but not tall. Here is my Silver Wyandotte, he has a rose comb

0328201148a_HDR.jpg

All 6 of the eggs that made it to lockdown hatched. 😁 Our bantam silkie hatched out 2 & the other 4 were in the incubator. Unfortunately the only pure BCM chick passed just a few minutes after hatching. 😔
It looks like our buff polish rooster managed to be successful at least once. The rest seem to be offspring of our BCM roo. 😂 Barnyard mixes are so fun. I only have a picture of the 3 babies from the brooder, as mamma Opal is not letting me get too close to her 2 babies.
3BA19A65-C24B-455F-BBB3-C5310CD2FB9E.jpeg

Ameraucana has a pea comb, is cold tolerant but not heat (according to the wiki). Instead of listing breeds, as they all are good for something. May I suggest looking at pea and rose comb breeds. The rose comb is still large, but not tall. Here is my Silver Wyandotte, he has a rose comb

View attachment 2123553

Love your set up with the electric net fence and wheeled coop! I wanted to make a coop like that last year from a Justin Rhodes design. What birds are in the other pen, and what’s the tote with a small hole used for?

View attachment 2123553

Thank you for the suggestion. I think the pea comb breeds might be the right ones for me. I know every breed has great things about them, so that part would be hard to find a correct answer for me.

Back
Top Bottom