May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Here’s a pic!
74BA8C32-FD83-4D4A-8D4C-079AAE376C0A.jpeg

6 are from TSC:D

Anyone in here have geese? Whats the difference in temperament in general with Chinese and African?

I only hatch them because I can't keep them yet but I'm told that Chinese geese are about as loud as it gets, lol. I can confirm that when visiting my friend's large flock of Chinese and Toulouse that they definitely make themselves known. Haha

5 or 6 out of 8 eggs have hatched so far. ( im guessing because i cant see whats going on under her.) Should i check? It's day 21 today. First one hatched 24 hours ago and mom has not left the nest to eat or drink water. I put water and food in her nest box, is that okay?

UPDATE 6:17 PM: all 8 have hatched. 2 black, 3 grey and cream, 1 yellow, 1 light brown, 1 mixed brown and black. (Not sure what the correct coloring would be called but its the one in the picture.) Will leave her alone for today. And take pics of them tomorrow

Attachments

• 20200513_142819.jpg
    20200513_142819.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
5 or 6 out of 8 eggs have hatched so far. ( im guessing because i cant see whats going on under her.) Should i check? It's day 21 today. First one hatched 24 hours ago and mom has not left the nest to eat or drink water. I put water and food in her nest box, is that okay?
Congratulations! If you have food and water there then they should all be fine while mom decides whether to give up incubating. Adorable little family!!!:love

Hey everyone, jumping in here. I have 3 hens sitting. 1 hatched yesterday and she left the other eggs today. 5 eggs are still alive. I put them under one of my other hens. Is it ok to give them back after they hatch? The hen that has them has her own eggs that should hatch next week. I really don't won't to mess her up but then again I don't want to pull my incubator out for 5 eggs.
IMG_20200512_154140802.jpg

That's what I did! She was hungry. But w food and water, she held out for the last egg, and the early chicks got to eat too. There was about 36 hours between the earliest and the late, who is a different breed.

That's what I did! She was hungry. But w food and water, she held out for the last egg, and the early chicks got to eat too. There was about 36 hours between the earliest and the late, who is a different breed.
She just took a huge broody poop.:eek: I could smell it as i passed the brooder. Was so big..it looked like my German shepherds size poop. So i had to put on some disposable gloves and pick her up to clean it. One egg left. Gave me just enough time to grab the dirty bedding in one hand before she flew right back to the nest and rolled the egg under her followed by her chicks getting tucked in under her body. My German shepherd got half way to the coop and decided to turn around. The stench was just awful. Even he who always wants to visit the chickens wanted nothing to do with it.:lau

Back
Top Bottom