May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

We have a baby!!!!!!! :weeI've been checking for pips all day and nothing. Ran out for a little bit and when we got back this adorable one was staring up at me!!! Easter egger mama and red cochin bantam dad. Got the chipmunk pattern of its mom and the feathered legs and feet of its dad! :love

View attachment 2143821

Two more have hatched, and one more is in the process! Three more are pipped!
IMG_5312.JPG

I have a question for people. I have 4 severely saddle air cells in the incubator. Think big u shape is what the air cells look like. Am I going to see a drawdown in these eggs like I normally would or am I going to have to try and guess when it is going to be trying to internal pip.

I am also waiting on my eBay eggs. Lavender Americanna and Death layer. I am even starting to dream of hatching eggs. I dreamt that I ordered even more death layers for whatever reason. I think my marbles are gone now.

my incubator is terrible (never buy the weird offbrand Chinese incubators from Amazon) I guess you get what you pay for. Fortunately, all the eggs are developing nicely. Sadly I had to remove one because it stunk!
Anyways I want to buy a new incubator, I’m conflicted between harris farms incubator or brinsea, which one should I buy?
I really like my Brinsea. It's reliable and pretty easy to program.

My shipped order of 6 Silver Spitzhaubens were severely saddled. I couldn’t tell squat when the only two that hatched internally pipped. The saddle kind of grew in the same shape that they settled in. Fingers crossed yours are easier to tell!

This whole hatching thing is wonderful :) the other half thought I only had turkeys in the incubator. When I mentioned two of the chicks were deformed that hatched today, he was like “what chicks?” Lol

Last edited:
I have a question for people. I have 4 severely saddle air cells in the incubator. Think big u shape is what the air cells look like. Am I going to see a drawdown in these eggs like I normally would or am I going to have to try and guess when it is going to be trying to internal pip.

I am also waiting on my eBay eggs. Lavender Americanna and Death layer. I am even starting to dream of hatching eggs. I dreamt that I ordered even more death layers for whatever reason. I think my marbles are gone now.
Deathlayers are awesome. I love mine. I can’t wait to see what my Polish Deathlayers look like when they start growing. They’re feathering out so different than I imagined! I have bantam brahma Deathlayers hatching soon too.

Full sympathy. My marbles are gone, my family has given up on me.:barnie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom