May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Wow that's quite the humidity change. I guess it's probably because it's plastic and not styrofoam. My Styrofoam incubator stays at the same humidity the whole entire hatch without adding any water.

I would like to get a plastic incubator just to see what the difference is. I don't want to get one that is super expensive if I'm just using it for an experiment.

I am only using my Janoel for overflow eggs and the eggs that I have patched hairline cracks and need to sit upright in an egg carton. It is an okay bator for an inexpensive bator...just can be high maintenance with the humidity if you like to keep it more steady. It also has a metal rod that comes down out of the top (slides into a hole on the tray for rotating the eggs)....if you do not have that hole and the rod lined up, it is possible to hit an egg. My hubby opened up the Janoel last year when we were hatching silkie eggs and when he sat the lid back down he did not have the rod and hole lined up and completely crushed one of the silkie eggs. I was not happy about it. As long as you know to watch for that rod It is okay. The temp on mine is also in Celsius whick I am not used to, but I manage. :) It has worked good enough that I won't be trading it anytime soon. I do love my styrofoam Hovabators though!! They definitely keep a much steadier humidity!

I am only using my Janoel for overflow eggs and the eggs that I have patched hairline cracks and need to sit upright in an egg carton. It is an okay bator for an inexpensive bator...just can be high maintenance with the humidity if you like to keep it more steady. It also has a metal rod that comes down out of the top (slides into a hole on the tray for rotating the eggs)....if you do not have that hole and the rod lined up, it is possible to hit an egg. My hubby opened up the Janoel last year when we were hatching silkie eggs and when he sat the lid back down he did not have the rod and hole lined up and completely crushed one of the silkie eggs. I was not happy about it. As long as you know to watch for that rod It is okay. The temp on mine is also in Celsius whick I am not used to, but I manage. :) It has worked good enough that I won't be trading it anytime soon. I do love my styrofoam Hovabators though!! They definitely keep a much steadier humidity!
I absolutely love my farm innovator incubators they are amazing to me, but I haven't had anything else.

I probably would be that person that would crush my eggs 🤦🏼‍♀️ I'd forget all about it. At least I have an unlimited supply unless my chickens go on strike.

I absolutely love my farm innovator incubators they are amazing to me, but I haven't had anything else.

I probably would be that person that would crush my eggs 🤦🏼‍♀️ I'd forget all about it. At least I have an unlimited supply unless my chickens go on strike.

I used to have a Farm Innovators incubator - I think it was a lemon. I have heard lots of people with good reviews on them. Mine would spike up to 104 and stay there or drop to 98 and stay there. I know that temp fluctuations are normal, but these spikes and drops just seemed to stick and not go back to normal. It was just too much of a headache for me so I got a new Hovabator.

I used to have a Farm Innovators incubator - I think it was a lemon. I have heard lots of people with good reviews on them. Mine would spike up to 104 and stay there or drop to 98 and stay there. I know that temp fluctuations are normal, but these spikes and drops just seemed to stick and not go back to normal. It was just too much of a headache for me so I got a new Hovabator.

My experience with Farm Innovators was fine but I've heard a lot of similar complaints to yours. It seems very hit or miss with the brand much like Little Giant.

I bought a new Hovabator last year too! I’ve had a learning curve getting used to it but I did hatch a lot of guinea eggs with it last year.

Back
Top Bottom