May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I did my day 14 candle today. Looks like none of the bantam wyandotte eggs made it. So right now I think I have 12 Swedish Flower Hens left and 3 buff Orps. I am impressed that 12 out of 14 SFH eggs are still going strong even though they were shipped. Hoping for a good hatch this time. The last time I hatched I only got 2 chicks and the previous time I only got one. 1 more week till hatch day!

@Lillies please continue to share on that incubator I’ve seen it on amazon and it seems like it would be good to keep around for like travel for near hatches on my exotics if they are close and it holds steady enough
@Kgbao we were gone less than an hour so hopefully 🤞🏻There’s still a chance

y’all I have a friend that messaged me after I cried on her shoulder about my eggs her and her husband know that I use my incubator not just for my chickens but my exotics as well so they went on Amazon and ordered me one to support my small business. My heart ❤️ is so full I can’t stop crying but now it’s happy tears. I’m in such awe right now that I can’t even put it in words!

C'mon chickies, hatch!
You did it!

Two more just popped out in the last half hour, another black one and a gold that might have some chipmunk stripes. My 3.5 year old is parked in a chair watching them flop around.

Another is starting to make slow zipping progress. I guess the dream I had last night about all my chicks being dead won't come true!

@Lillies please continue to share on that incubator I’ve seen it on amazon and it seems like it would be good to keep around for like travel for near hatches on my exotics if they are close and it holds steady enough
@Kgbao we were gone less than an hour so hopefully 🤞🏻There’s still a chance

y’all I have a friend that messaged me after I cried on her shoulder about my eggs her and her husband know that I use my incubator not just for my chickens but my exotics as well so they went on Amazon and ordered me one to support my small business. My heart ❤ is so full I can’t stop crying but now it’s happy tears. I’m in such awe right now that I can’t even put it in words!
That is amazing, what a wonderful friend.

So far...
Three in the brooder working on fluffing up, two more still in the incubator getting their land legs and six eggs left - two external pips, one starting to zip and three eggs remain with no signs yet (day 21 only just began, so a while yet to wait). :celebrate

Three of the five out so far are gold, which I'm excited about.

Attachments

• IMG_20200430_150639.jpg
    IMG_20200430_150639.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 10
Can I just vent for a second?

I just had some person tell me that my eggs aren't fertile and that only 12 of the 42 are fertile...

I just put 20 eggs from my flock in my incubator and they are all fertile and growing chicks.

Be careful who you sell to because they will do anything to get free stuff.

I have hatched over 500 eggs from my flock in a year and I have had a 90% hatch rate with all of them except my first hatch but some were DIS.

I want to scream!!!!

I just had some person tell me that my eggs aren't fertile and that only 12 of the 42 are fertile...

I just put 20 eggs from my flock in my incubator and they are all fertile and growing chicks.

I have hatched over 500 eggs from my flock in a year and I have had a 90% hatch rate with all of them except my first hatch but some were DIS.

I want to scream!!!!

Oh no I'm sorry! That's so frustrating!

I want to scream!!!!

How frustrating/irritating! I hate how people try and take advantage of others.

Back
Top Bottom