May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Wow, he got a bargain and thought to play this way... Tsk
I probably wouldn't have cared if he said 10 were infertile or even a dozen... But saying only a dozen were fertile 🤯 when I just put about 100 in the past month and 90% were fertile... My chickens fertility doesn't just stop all of a sudden then start again when I set eggs the same day I sold him some.

So far...
Three in the brooder working on fluffing up, two more still in the incubator getting their land legs and six eggs left - two external pips, one starting to zip and three eggs remain with no signs yet (day 21 only just began, so a while yet to wait). :celebrate

Three of the five out so far are gold, which I'm excited about.
Sweet chickies- congratulations!!!

Well I did say what my hatch rates have been and how many eggs I've hatched in a year. Then I said have a blessed day.

I don't mind customers who know nothing and want to learn. I do mind cocky customers who instantly blame my eggs when it's their first time hatching. I don't do business with people who can't first look at troubleshooting.

I'll give replacement chicks and eggs no problem if you're polite. The customer is not always right... That may fly at Lowe's but it does not fly at Fort Cluck Farms 😁

Agree! I go through the same thing with people (specifically consumers) and cattle. I do not mind talking with them when they don't know much or anything at all about the subject of raising beef if they are willing to listen to what we say on how and why we do things. It is people that have no clue but still think they are right or have an agenda and just want to fight that I don't like to deal with. We have been raising cattle for 17 years and both came from families that raised cattle. Our cattle are healthy and happy. I don't like when people try to tell me otherwise. To the ones that don't agree, I just say that we will have to agree to disagree and end it at that.

9FAC4D9B-F982-4951-A25B-A250ADFB2725.jpeg

blue cream silkie chick

I had one 100% hatch rate, but then one of the chicks died 24 hours later 😑 the eggs were from my feral polish 😂 she's a wild child.

I figured cutting ties with that person was best since I find it odd that only 12 of 42 are good. That to me says your incubator isn't working or you mishandled them.

I actually have a hatching eggs storage shelf so mine are never mishandled. My father is a genius 😁

View attachment 2116521
That is awesome I like that.

Agree! I go through the same thing with people (specifically consumers) and cattle. I do not mind talking with them when they don't know much or anything at all about the subject of raising beef if they are willing to listen to what we say on how and why we do things. It is people that have no clue but still think they are right or have an agenda and just want to fight that I don't like to deal with. We have been raising cattle for 17 years and both came from families that raised cattle. Our cattle are healthy and happy. I don't like when people try to tell me otherwise. To the ones that don't agree, I just say that we will have to agree to disagree and end it at that.
I love cattle. I'd be that person who had one just to have one. I went to a dairy farm and o fell in love with a calf. They even had the bell on it.

Back
Top Bottom