May Day Hatching Thread

Pics
Success and heartbreak. I found what I thought was the zipped was actually the hatched egg cupped over another egg. The egg that had pipped looks like it died in progress.
That new chick sure is cute, I've decided I'll work it all out tomorrow.

I'm sorry. I hope the rest of the hatch goes well. I had 3 hatch 2 days early, then 7 1 day early and one left that hadn't pipped. I was not sure if it was gonna hatch or not. When I candled I was pretty sure it was viable, but not 100% sure since it was a really dark egg and I couldn't see anything but the air cell. Compared to the other eggs, it was a pretty small air cell, so I figured it was either not viable or it was really late developing. Well, late yesterday afternoon I saw what I only thought was a pip, but wasn't sure if I was just seeing things since it was so tiny, not a crack or normal looking pip, (see pic-- the pip is the tiny white spot on the lower part of the egg)...so I thought maybe I was just seeing things or imagining there was a pip because I wanted it to be viable so bad. Yesterday was day 21, it was way later than the 9 other eggs. So, this morning at just after 2 am....I looked and now there was actually a hole where that tiny little spot was that I saw. Apparently, I wasn't imagining it!!! So, the reason I was up at 2 am was because my daughter called and was in labor and we had to go to her house to pick up our grand baby so she could go to the hospital and have her baby. I am on my way back home now and am excited to see what is happening with that egg!!! It either is resting, absorbing the yolk, or it got real motivated and hatched out!!! I'll keep you posted!

Attachments

• 20200501_194242.jpg
    20200501_194242.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 2
Dang, I'm bummed. I lost that last chick. It was trying to get out of the he shell and I thought it was fine. It was taking awhile, so I thought I might have to help it. Ibwas taking care of my grand baby and hubby was working and would be heading home soon so and I figured if it wasn't out of the shell by the time he got home and could take over watching our grand baby, I would go in and help it out. Well, I was too late. I think it was just exhausted trying to get out. The membrane was a little dried out, but not much. I feel awful. I really thought he was fine till my husband got home and with my grand baby, I could not watch her and rescue a chick at the same time. 😭
On a positive note, my daughter and new grand daughter are both doing well and I am a proud grandma. How is everyone else's hatch going?

Just the one for me. Of the three eggs, one died after pipping, The other one it turns out never developed.
Dang, that's one expensive chick! 🙄
I guarantee you that won't stop me from doing it again.

Back
Top Bottom