MAY Hatch-Along!!!! Let's do this!!!

wordgirl

One of the Shire-folk
12 Years
Apr 14, 2009
My Ancona eggs just arrived!!!!! I'm super excited and quite nervous at the same time. But this is going to be an exciting month!
I'll be setting them tomorrow - 10 Anconas.
ya.gif

I'd love to have some hatching buddies, so anyone else setting eggs this month??? What are you putting in the bator?
smile.png

BYC May 2012 Duck Hatch-Along Buddies So Far:

wordgirl - 10 Anconas
toadbriar - 77 Anconas
fowllover - 8 Australian Spotted
3 Snow Call ducks
2 Welsh Harlequin
Diamond 88 - 7 Call Ducks
njduck - Pekin, Rouen, and Runner mixes
Goin Quackrrs - Cayuga
2 Khaki Campbell
1 Swedish
Mixed breeds
More Swedish
Runners
Appleyards
mandelyn - Saxony (hopefully
smile.png
)
featherfinder - Runner X Swedish
Ilovemyduckies - 9 Pekin/Cayuga
countrygirl_011 - Calls
(Guineas
smile.png
)
DrChickenKev - 10-11 Muscovy
DoesItQuack - 11 Mixed Swedish
donnavee - eggs under two broody Calls
GoneQuackers - 5 Cayuga,
4 Black Swedish
4 Blue Runner
mrgreenjeans53 - 7 Mallard,
3 Rouen
(and RSLs and Pheasants)
poularde - 14 Runner
WallabyofChaos - 24 Calls
mominoz - 8 Runners
8 Dutch Hookbills
thorneinmyside - 1 unknown!
WillsC - 19 Muscovies
QuailGuy88 - 10 Mexican speckled quail
2 Coturnix
mettafour - 5 eggs under a broody Ancona
Nsampsel - 2 Runners and 2 Saxony
7 Calls
2 Black East Indies
(72 chicks)
TheDuckWoman - eggs under a broody
Foreverlovnlife - 10 eggs
UKducklover - 5 Pekins
Quackers08 - eggs under a broody; more eggs coming in 2 weeks
billw - 12 Swedish/Buff/Golden 300 Mixes

That's a pretty good mix of breeds - it'd be fun to see what our collective hatch numbers are!

Last edited:
Alright, I just put 10 Ancona eggs in the incubator and topped off the humidity troughs. First time incubating, so here we go!
smile.png

Anyone else setting duck eggs?

Hello-

This is the first time I have hatched ducks and I know I am taking on a large task with my choice.....call ducks. I bought my eggs on ebay and will be setting them tomorrow. I have 17 call ducks and 1 welsh harlequin (from one of my ducks)

Hopefully I will have decent results!

I've currently got 7 call duck eggs in an incubator. This is only day 3, so there's a long way to go, but it's fun so far and everyone is excited! It's my first time hatching eggs.

I've got seven seperate hatches planned for this month.
ep.gif

Cayuga, 2 Khaki Campbell and a Swedish in the hatcher on lockdown.

Got mixed ducks scheduled for Mother's Day and my birthday.

Got Swedish, Runners and Appleyards that just went in the bator yesterday.

Dang, I just unplugged everything after the last ducklings left and the freshest eggs too. A guy came to buy some Serama and I sent him home with a pile of eggs too that I had stashed since I was out of ducklings.

It's tempting to do another batch, the Saxony certainly sell well. I'm giving the girls a shot at it, letting them keep their eggs now. Duchess is working on it, I keep finding her on the nest in the middle of the afternoon, though she doesn't seem to be taking it seriously.

But maybe she'll join the hatch-a-long. She's started burying them, that's new. And she's gotten more aggressive. Maybe she'll turn 100% broody instead of only half way.

Hello-

This is the first time I have hatched ducks and I know I am taking on a large task with my choice.....call ducks. I bought my eggs on ebay and will be setting them tomorrow. I have 17 call ducks and 1 welsh harlequin (from one of my ducks)

Hopefully I will have decent results!

Hi fowllover! Welcome, and
welcome-byc.gif
! I hope your hatch goes well! I can't wait to see what hatches for you - do you have a variety of colors of your calls, or are they all a certain color?
smile.png

I've currently got 7 call duck eggs in an incubator. This is only day 3, so there's a long way to go, but it's fun so far and everyone is excited! It's my first time hatching eggs.

Hi Diamond88! Yay, another first-timer! I'm glad I've got some fellow BYC'ers to do this with on my first try!
smile.png
Do you know what colors you've got? Hope everything goes well for you!

And
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom