MAY Hatch-Along!!!! Let's do this!!!

Congratulations, UKducklover! They're so precious!!!

Perfect names, too.
smile.png

Sorry for the lack of update. I haven't had a computer until now.

Today is hatching day. We are trying to move so the incubator got unplugged and moved, so I'm not sure if I will get any ducklings....

I candled the eggs from my duck on day 5 and 10/11 were developing and WAY bigger than they usually are at day 5. Although, since we are moving, I am having a few problems. We are renting this house, and I thought we were going to have it until the end of this month. Although, there is another person who wants to rent it and she wants to move in half way through the month, is there any way I can move her and the nest without her leaving it?

*Update* I candled the one of the eggs my broody was on that I wasn't sure about and it is dead. I threw it away and candled another, which was alive but I don't think is anymore. I still left it there and candled a third egg to make sure she still had some viable ones and that one was good. I also figured out what i am going to do about moving, I had ANOTHER duck go broody today (She went broody last year too). I am going to try to put her nest in a box and leave it in the same place and see if she will lay on them in the box. If she does I will move the entire box, so she knows it is still the same nest. If she continues to lay on it even after we move her then I will try the same thing with my other broody. (I am going to try it with her first because her eggs are not developed yet)

Well, I out the eggs in thew box. She went over there and tried to lay on the but I think the box was to small. I put a bigger one the and she went to check on her eggs but that's it. I'm hoping she'll start laying on them again later today or that she'll lay on them in the next few days. I'll check tomorrow morning and see if she laid another egg in there cause if she does I'll be pretty confident that she just pushed it off. If not, I'll know that that won't work with my other broody. Fingers crossed
fl.gif

Well Day 26 was Thursday. It was the first time for duck eggs and I had been really bummed. Not a single one hatched. I went to clean out the incubator today and I heard a miracle! 4 days later and I heard something peeping! My DH and I helped him out and I do believe he is going to be ok! Our one and only duck is an Aussie Bantam.

Well Day 26 was Thursday. It was the first time for duck eggs and I had been really bummed. Not a single one hatched. I went to clean out the incubator today and I heard a miracle! 4 days later and I heard something peeping! My DH and I helped him out and I do believe he is going to be ok! Our one and only duck is an Aussie Bantam.
I'm sorry you didn't have better results, but I'm so excited for you that the one that made it was an Aussie! I'm admiring those birds from afar. :)

So my temp for my eggs has been at about 100* to 101.5* since I've started incubating. It's been pretty consistent with temp and humidity. Now that the eggs have been in the bator for 3 days I feel like theyre heavier (or maybe its my imagination) than they were before, and my overactive mind thinks its because they're now hard boiled eggs in there.
barnie.gif
I'm gonna worry myself to death.

Back
Top Bottom