MAY Hatch-Along!!!! Let's do this!!!

She is going to be such a good mother. I went to check on the eggs and two of them were out of the nest so she was taking turns laing on the nest, and the two that fell out.

She is going to be such a good mother. I went to check on the eggs and two of them were out of the nest so she was taking turns laing on the nest, and the two that fell out.
smile.png

Hi all!

For those of you that hatched calls this round, did you have to assist? I have been reading about folks making holes at lockdown? How did you handle yours? Any specific tricks or stats that work for you?

Hi all!

For those of you that hatched calls this round, did you have to assist? I have been reading about folks making holes at lockdown? How did you handle yours? Any specific tricks or stats that work for you?

My Calls go in to lockdown on the 9th and should start to hatch the 12th. I didn't plan on making any holes at lockdown, but I will sure let you know how the hatch goes.

My hatch........

3 Mallards,
1 Swedish/Muscovy,
3 Button Quail,
2 Red Golden Pheasants,
2 Red Sexlink roos (from my girls)
1 RIR girl

35 Chinese Ringneck chicks arrived from Stromberg Hatchery 2 days ago

Still in bators.......(eggs)

Pheasant
4 yellow golden, 1 red golden (F3), 1 mutation, 10 Ringneck/Mutation mix (not sure that these are going to hatch(

Chicken
45 Red Sexlink (from my girls)
2 Orpington (not sure what color)
15 SQ Serma

Waiting on......
12 Bourbon Red turkey eggs
2 India Blue, 2 White and 2 Midnight BS Peafowl eggs

Gonna soon have to get rid of some birds. At the present ime I have 114 birds.....lol

Good luck to all who are hatching. I pray that no feathered souls are lost.

My hatch........

3 Mallards,
1 Swedish/Muscovy,
3 Button Quail,
2 Red Golden Pheasants,
2 Red Sexlink roos (from my girls)
1 RIR girl

35 Chinese Ringneck chicks arrived from Stromberg Hatchery 2 days ago

Still in bators.......(eggs)

Pheasant
4 yellow golden, 1 red golden (F3), 1 mutation, 10 Ringneck/Mutation mix (not sure that these are going to hatch(

Chicken
45 Red Sexlink (from my girls)
2 Orpington (not sure what color)
15 SQ Serma

Waiting on......
12 Bourbon Red turkey eggs
2 India Blue, 2 White and 2 Midnight BS Peafowl eggs

Gonna soon have to get rid of some birds. At the present ime I have 114 birds.....lol

Good luck to all who are hatching. I pray that no feathered souls are lost.

Wow, that's a lot of birds. Good luck with your hatch!

Hi all!

I started with seven eggs and had one hatch successfully. She did it all on her own, without any assistance. One other was fully formed and I could hear it peeping, but I was so engrossed in taking care of the duckling that already hatched, and I didn't pay enough attention to the remaining egg. About 48 hours after the internal pip, I poked a hole in the shell, but he had already died.
sad.png
So, if you see an internal pip, I'd say don't wait more than 24 hours before poking a hole in the shell yourself. But this was my first hatch, so I'm not an expert.

I started with seven eggs and had one hatch successfully. She did it all on her own, without any assistance. One other was fully formed and I could hear it peeping, but I was so engrossed in taking care of the duckling that already hatched, and I didn't pay enough attention to the remaining egg. About 48 hours after the internal pip, I poked a hole in the shell, but he had already died.
sad.png
So, if you see an internal pip, I'd say don't wait more than 24 hours before poking a hole in the shell yourself. But this was my first hatch, so I'm not an expert.
So discourging isnt it? I am going to try another round. I only had one Aussie Bantam hatch (I believe I had 9) I am going to give my all another round and see if I do any better.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom