May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

I would wait till fater day 3, the spike in temp doesnt stay it will level back down. You really need 99.5 maybe 100 or 101. It can kill the chick at 104 for an extended time. But I would rather be a little warmer. If you stay on the cooler side you can really extend your hatch time. 21 day hatchers could take 23-26 days

Gosh this has been busy I woke to find 53 unread posts!!!!!
I have three temp gages going and all say different things! the Bator one reads 100- the independent one reads 37.3 which is about 99
and the hydro which also reads temp says 38 - well that is the way it is this morning. I figure if they are between 37-38 which is about 99- 99.5 it should be ok????? I don;t mind delayed hatches but none hatches are a bit of a disaster zone!!! Had mush last month!

Oes.

Last edited:
Ooooh my goodness they are lovely!!!

x2 - Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh keep flooding keep posting pics!!!!!!!!

They are beautiful!!!

Oes
love.gif

Last edited:
Candled last night, day 9, again with mixed results. Removed 5 - 3 blood rings and 2 clear. That leaves me with 35. I have a couple of others that may be clear but I'm unsure so I left them for a few more days.

The most exciting part is that I saw movement in 7 for the first time! Too cool! Now that I've seen them moving, I may have to have Hubby sit on me to keep me from constantly candling.

Woohoo! 3 more hatched, now I am up to 23 out including the nicest looking blue eggs!
Plus I see another zipped, and many more pips.
I think everyone should do a batch of eggs that have not been shipped now and then, just to build up your confidence again.
I have been doing everything the same, and with shipped eggs I was getting some horrid hatch percentages.
Now these non shipped eggs are already up to 54%, and they are not due to start hatching until tomorrow!
I am having fun again.
Jim
that's great Jim i am hoping for good results myself i have 81 cooking that were non shipped also but i did hand carry them down here from Ohio day 5 and all is well candle day is Tue fingers crossed lol

Candled last night, day 9, again with mixed results. Removed 5 - 3 blood rings and 2 clear. That leaves me with 35. I have a couple of others that may be clear but I'm unsure so I left them for a few more days.

The most exciting part is that I saw movement in 7 for the first time! Too cool! Now that I've seen them moving, I may have to have Hubby sit on me to keep me from constantly candling.
lol the urge to candle is a strong one lol

Gosh this has been busy I woke to find 53 unread posts!!!!!
I have three temp gages going and all say different things! the Bator one reads 100- the independent one reads 37.3 which is about 99
and the hydro which also reads temp says 38 - well that is the way it is this morning. I figure if they are between 37-38 which is about 99- 99.5 it should be ok????? I don;t mind delayed hatches but none hatches are a bit of a disaster zone!!! Had mush last month!

Oes.
i agree with jn you will see a spike around day three this is normal just leave well enough alone and things will settle down i tend to run on the low side as i find it less detrimental to hatch rates to stay a lil cooler and dry it will extend hatch day but the air cell will be large enough to allow internal pipers to breath and at days 21-23 they will still be healthy and strong enough to zip

I could not find anything on how to calibrate my digital thermomitor could you all hell it a acurite probe kind
i use accurite digis my self and find no way to calibrate them,, my method is to use my glass gqf tube thermometer and wet bulb hygrometer to compare the accurites and then use a black sharpie marker to mark the difference + or - on the face of the digi

Wh

What are bloodrings?
And also, how long does a hen sit on her eggs after the first chick hatches?

Lol I see well got up and it's at 100.2and humitity is back to 44% this morn hope you all have good hatches
yea i find them to be reasonably accurite i have four or five and only two are off but not by much for the $$$ they are not bad. I see you are in Moscow oh. i have eggs in the bator from byc,er coopers coop from Medina in the bator on day 5 and i attended the green-ville poultry show a few weeks back down in Dayton i flew back down with 81 immigrant Ohio transplant eggs

Back
Top Bottom