Maybe a Brahma?

torrelee

Songster
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
long beach, wa
Medium brown egg hatched six days ago out of my incubator with her two silkie friends. Large yellow chick with a dark spot on top of her head, feathered legs, and starting to develop grey in wings. The flock she came from had GLW and White Brahma roos, with brahma, black sex link, sussex and GLW hens. I'm guessing that its a brahma, but most of the pictures on the internet had a little more dark coloration. Any guesses? Also, can anyone tell me what colors these silkie babies may be? There is a blue partridge showgirl roo ( I think) and a black silkie roo with color leakage, and a splash or buff hen in the pen. I'm guessing black and splash, but Java has a white spot under the chin? Thanks!

No guesses? She is a lot lighter than the brahma chicks I've seen online, was entirely yellow with the black spot on her head at hatch. Just curious if my guess is correct or if she's mixed with something?!

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping that was the case, but was confused when she hatched out as a big solid yellow baby! The woman I got them from had leg horns as well, which worried me, but it was a brown egg so I will just stick with brahma until she's older :)

Back
Top Bottom