Maybe sick

Peggsblueinc

Chirping
Nov 1, 2019
Sandy valley,Nv
My hen is making noise when breathing. She looks fine but yesterday afternoon she walked by me and it was like she was sneezing and today I can hear her breath or I think it’s her breathing. Kinda like a moaning sound. I just separated her to coop. Is she sick and is it contagious. No one else is doing it.

Best to keep her separated and keep an eye on her. VetRx can help open up their little sinuses but its basically vaporub for chickens-it won't cure a bacterial infection. I had a sneezing chicken recently and took her to the vet for antibiotics but they didn't help. VetRx and some other homeopathic things got her through it and she's fine now but I'm not saying that's the best solution in your case it just might help.

So what did you use. I do have the r
Best to keep her separated and keep an eye on her. VetRx can help open up their little sinuses but its basically vaporub for chickens-it won't cure a bacterial infection. I had a sneezing chicken recently and took her to the vet for antibiotics but they didn't help. VetRx and some other homeopathic things got her through it and she's fine now but I'm not saying that's the best solution in your case it just might help.
what did you use as far as homeopathic type things

So what did you use. I do have the r

what did you use as far as homeopathic type things
IMG_20211111_185439.jpg

Yes, most respiratory diseases are contagious and they spread fast through flocks. Is there a foul fishy-like or rotten meat-like smell coming from her mouth or nares? If so, you’re most likely dealing with a respiratory disease called Infectious Coryza. If there is no foul odor from the face, then you’re most likely dealing with a respiratory disease called Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG), which also goes by the name Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD).

My chicken is better but still separated. The vet said she wasn't contagious but she has had problems with this before so she and her "sister chicken" are a flock of two now.

Which is just to say take it seriously because chickens, like all birds, have very sensitive respiratory systems. These two birds were in a very dusty enclosure when I got them and I attributed their sneezing to that but kept them separate anyway. My heart overruled my head-i wanted to rescue them and I shouldn't have done it. They're lovely girls but I knew I was making a mistake and did it anyway

What kind of vet? If it’s just an avian vet that takes chickens, they aren’t trained to learn about chicken or poultry specific diseases.

Back
Top Bottom