Maybe some of you younger folks would know?

I asked DD what it means, and here is her reply:
'Means Dad is constantly nagging me to make money but art really doesn't make money. So I make art anyways as if I don't have you two there to take the fall when my finances don't work out right.'

I have to note here that dad constantly nagging her to make money means he wanted her to get a job to make enough to pay her bills. We are tired of getting stuck with her loan payments that he was stupid enough to co-sign for. So I think that agrees with what you said Pineapple Mama...

Ok. Apparently PostSecret was looking fotr "one line commencement speeches" & this was one of them. Can't find anything on it on PS, but here's what one chick said about it:

http://blog.themerchgirl.net/post/620094206/if-theres-one-thing-that-hugos-post-may-have

I'd never heard of it either, but when I read it, it made me think of the same thing that chickensducks&agoose said- just living life like you aren't afraid of what people will say/think. So, it's prolly just something kids think is cool to say right now. No death wish on the parental units, I think.
hugs.gif
I have 2 elementary-age kids now...wonder what THEY'LL be quoting in 2019 & 2022??? I don't even wanna THINK about it.....
barnie.gif

I saw the subject...and had to come read it..just to see if I might know and still be able to be considered "younger" But no...sigh...Sorry I cant help...

Quote:
Remind her that you are taking the fall so she needs to grow the heck up and get a job that pays and make art on her spare time. You do have me curious over what the loan was for tho.

Back
Top Bottom