Maybe we are related, what was your maiden name or your mama's?

Mothers maiden name: Van Den Bos Can you guess where her dads family was from ? lol
Maternal grandmothers maiden name :pitkin Scottish I think
My moms family can trace their roots back to the original 13 colonies my maternal grandfather nearly the same.
I am only 4th generation down from my dads family who came here from Luxenbourg so I am an Old American on one side and not too far from an immigrant on the other.
Family histories fascinate me

My maiden name is Rogers. Research was done and supposedly we are descended from Peter Rogers who was a direct descendent from Issac Newton. There is a connection with a Jamestown member also, that happened to survive from the third ship sent. His name was John Powell aboard the "Swallow" in 1609. The later families settled in Georgia. I had my father's and mother's side of the family fight in the civil war - against each other. I could easily be a member of the DAR with further verification, but have no idea how to go about that. My brothers were the ones along with my father to gather this info....

My mother's side......there's a whole other story going on with that! And no one would talk before they died.....dang it. But I do have SOME info on that....
lol.png

I have a question...it was said that my grandpa's parents had their name changed when they immigrated. It was supposedly originally "Olher" but was changed to "Ohler" by a mistake of the immigration office.

Does that sound plausible?

My maiden name was Baack (pronounced "bock", like the beer). My grandmother on my dad's side was Hibbeler. My mom's maiden name was Renegar. Her mom's maiden name was Brown.

Last edited:
Quote:
Chisum as in the chisum trail? Longest cattle drive in history! Thats a cool name.

No, I wish. But one of my ancestors was John Simpson Chisum "Cow John". By the summer of 1875, Chisum, the acknowledged "Cattle King of the Pecos", watched his herd increase to 80,000 longhorns. That year alone, he sent 10,000 cattle west into Arizona, and another 20,000 north into Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri. Chisum was at the pinnacle of prosperity.

Billy the Kid even stole his cattle........... Kind of neat history. Chisum was one of Billy's and the Rustlers' biggest enemies after the war and was mainly the reason that Pat Garrett became sheriff of Lincoln County.

That is so coooool!
big_smile.png

Maiden=Silvers actually the bastardization of Silverstein from Germany. But it wasn't a good time to be a Jew back when it was changed, especially in Sicily
My paternal grandmother was one of those wicked women that got pregnant out of wedlock. Granddaddy didn't make her an honest woman either. He was Sicilian. Piccillo should have been my last name

Mothers Maiden= Grandfather was from the "Old Country" Austria by the way of the Ukrane.

Maternal Grandmother-Loper
Follow the line back to William Penn of Pennsylvania fame.

Last edited:
Quote:
There is some of that on my momma's side to, but you can kind of figure it out by just looking at folk. Ya know what I mean?!
wink.png
Back then they didn't admit to certain things. I'm proud of my heritage.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom