Maylene has come of age and so has her 1st egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JaciesCoop, Aug 19, 2008.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Maylene is my red cochin, 4.5 months old and laid her first egg today!
    She is named after my best friends MIL who has to have weekly reports on her namesake. (she is in a rest home) so after laying her very first egg yesterday we decided to do something special with the egg and send it to her for Christmas.

Meet Maylene
    [​IMG]

Her first egg which is very small!
    [​IMG]

And after it was decorated.
    [​IMG]

For other egg art ideas that you can do, check out my website for many of my Faberge' style eggs.
    Jacie

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Congrats! The first is always exciting. And what a nice thing to do for your friends MIL. Very pretty!

3. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Wow, you did a beautiful job decorating Maylene's first egg! [​IMG]

4. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Thank you for the compliments. Yes the 1st egg is exciting although this is Maylene's 1st egg. My big girls have been laying for almost a year and I can still remember the rush over seeing that very first egg. My family thought I was crazy when I sent them all photos of it in my hand! LOL!

Jacie

5. chickenrunnin

chickenrunnin Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2008
    Roy, Washington
    I remember our first egg in November. i was so excited [​IMG] Then the next day the next girl and so on. I went out to the coop, called in all the girls and we had a coming of age talk. I think it went well. I am glad i dont have a daughter to really have the talk with.

Congratulations!!

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

pix were gone, but I checked the OP's website and was [​IMG] That is AMAZING! What incredible miniature works of art! wow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by